Chapter 5

A/N:
New character and we are getting some questions answered!! Hopefully this will clear some stuff up for you! Pls give me some feedback and enjoy!

———————————————————————

He had spent a total of five minutes in his room until there was a knock at his door.

"Come in!" Merlin yelled.

The door opened to reveal a young servant boy holding a tray of different types of foods.

When the intoxicating smell of fresh fruit and seasoned meats reached Merlin's nose he was off his bed in less than a second.

"Is that mine?" Merlin blurted out before he could stop himself.

"Yes master." The boy replied, refusing to meet his gaze as he set down the tray at the small wooden table.

Merlin's eyes widened as his brows furrowed together, "M-master?"

"Yes sir." The servant stood there awkwardly, his face down towards the ground with his hands clasped behind his back. "I will be your personal manservant for the time being."

"Why?" The warlock asked, trying not to sound rude but couldn't help it. Why should these people make him feel like royalty only to have him go into a fight to the death match in eight months? Why spend eight months training people to fight only to have them die in the end? What was the point to these games anyways?

The servant finally looked up at him through his light brown locks, confusion written all over his face.
"It is an honor to be a competitor in the sorcerer games, and such a honor is acknowledged and rewarded by pleasantries gifted by the king himself. You will receive special treatment in the next months until you take your rightful place in the arena."

Merlin just stared in horror at the man in front of him. This was not an honor, if anything, this was a disgrace.

"Is everything alright master?" His manservant hesitantly asked.

Merlin inwardly cringed at the words. This boy calling him master made him sound like he was a slave.
"Call me Merlin."

The boy stared in utter shock "Pardon me?"

"I said," Merlin began through gritted teeth but relaxed when he realized he didn't want to scare the young man, "call me Merlin."

"Y-yes Merlin." he replied.

"Good." The warlock replied with a small smile, "what's your name?"

If Merlin thought the servant was shocked before than he was totally in for it now.

"My name?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes." Merlin was starting to get more annoyed each time the guy in front of him repeated his statements.

"Uh... Okay, it's, Aiden." He stammered.

"Well, Aiden," Merlin began, "the amount of food here is way to much for me to eat-"

"I'm sorry sir, I will get you less tomorrow." Aiden replied in a panic.

"No." Merlin sighed, "you didn't allow me to finish."

"Oh, my apologies... Merlin." his servant replied, the hints of a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"What I was going to say was, would you care to join me for breakfast?"

"You want me to join you for breakfast?" Aiden gaped.

"Well, I don't have any friends here and I'm going to need at least one if I want to remain sane so... would you please?"