A Misleading Miraculous?

Sunday proved to be a very mild day over the great French city, neither warm, nor cold, not sunny, nor rainy. There were short bursts of sunshine, and equally short bursts of clouds blocking out the suns rays throughout the day, keeping the citizens on their toes, regarding if there was about to be a rainstorm or no at some point throughout the day. Many kept umbrella's with them, just in case.

Marinette stood on her personal balcony, leaning on the railings to prevent her from falling, and watched the street life pass her by for a while, deep in thought. She kept her hand on her cheek, and watched people walking along the streets, cars drive pass the road, people go into her family's bakery to purchase fresh goods and then leave again, sweets in hand. She recognized some of the people she observed. Others she didn't.

She wasn't particularly focused on that though. She was focused on something far weirder that had happened to her last night. Something she hadn't expected in the slightest, and something that still shook her a bit whenever she thought about it.

Some sort of message. According to Tikki, from her own miraculous.

A blinding light, some sort of message on her wall from the light inside her earrings, and a message. a poem. Once Tikki had explained what everything was, Marinette hadn't wasted a single second of her time in writing down the exact poem, word for word, before it faded after a short amount of time. She had read it, over and over again.

"Of golden hair, and green of eyes,

Your heart is where his loyalty lies.

Known far and wide throughout your life,

And conflict come from love and strife,

For of your form, he knows you well,

And for you, shall walk the pits of Hell."

It was quite the romantic image, Marinette thought to herself, with a mild blush on her face, despite not even really knowing who the poem was referring to. She had a very good idea... But part of her had already deemed that as impossible, mostly due to a certain lack in her own confidence. Really, there was only one person she knew with golden, or, more accurately, blonde hair, and green eyes... Well, two, but there was no way in any way it was Chat. That cat didn't even really know her outside of Ladybug, and the message didn't mention her other persona. So that had to mean it was someone who knew her as Marinette...

She blushed, far darker this time. Was it Adrien?

The evidence pointed to him...

"Tikki..." MAainette called for. She was joined shortly by her short, red, with a few black dots, Kwami. "Can you explain to me this 'Soul Link' thing again?"

"Trying to figure out who your Soul Mate is?" Tikki asked cheerfully, landing on the railing next to Marinette's hand.

The blue haired girl nodded. Previously, she hadn't really believed in the concept of a soul mate. She liked the idea, but she liked the idea of people being free to make their own way in life more... But the emergence of that message, and Tikki telling here of a Soul Link... Now she wasn't sure. "I suppose you could say that..."

"Well, the first thing is, a link isn't exactly a literal thing." Tikki explained to her human partner. "It's more an invisible, intangible, bond between souls. It sort of exists, but at the same time, doesn't. Sort of like how you and Alya interact, even if you're far apart. You're still friends, no matter how far away you two get. That's your friendship link with Alya."

"Okay..."

"Well, A Soul Link is a bit different. They're made at birth, and only one is present per person, and that link always matches another's."