The Link Corrupter

Marinette felt herself being dragged by Chat Noir as soon as Spite took a step closer towards them, brandishing his cloaked weaponry. Chat didn't hold back, nor was he gentle. He didn't have time to be, unless he wasted something sharp, cold, and metallic to end up lodged into his spine.

Throwing Marinette to the side so she was out of the way, Chat turned to face Spite, still running at him with an eerie blood-lust. Miraculous holders felt less pain when they were transformed, but they didn't prevent death, meaning if he got stabbed in a vital organ it was lights out for Chat, something he would prefer to avoid. Spite aimed for the neck, cutting with a wide strike. Chat backed away from the strike, quickly launching a roundhouse kick into Spite's stomach. The strike made contact, but it didn't seem to do much. Spite took it with stride, enveloping his knife in a dark blade, and raising it high, to stab Chat's leg.

Chat quickly fell, dropping to the floor. Landing on the solid ground, he then swept his legs, aiming for the weak points on Spite's legs. Attacking the back of the knee, he hoped to throw the villain off balance, and then sweep him of his feet. This did not have the desired effect however, as it didn't seem to damage Spite all that much. Instead, Spite simply slammed his own boot onto Chat Noir's leg, pinning him in place.

"Nowhere to run now, Kitty Chat!" Spite grinned mockingly, raising up his murk-covered blade. There was a certain joy in his eyes - He was enjoying this. These were the eyes of a pure sociopaths.

"Get away from him!"

Spite glanced up, only to receive a solid punch to the eye from Marinette, launching herself at the walking knife-rack. Her punch was solid, knocking him back, causing him a great deal of pain. Despite the slim figure Marinette and Ladybug both had, they were deceptively strong. Their punches were as strong as anyone else's. Perhaps stronger. Especially given the danger Chat had been in.

Knocked to the side for a few moments, Spite's darkness-covered butcher's knife fell to his side, clattering against the floor. Marinette aided up her partner to his feet. "Chat, are you okay?"

"When did you even... You know what, it doesn't matter. " Chat muttered. "Thanks for the save, My lady."

"Anything broken?"

"Nothing I can't walk off." He grinned, despite there being an unpleasant pain in his right leg, he would be able to survive it. He looked at his armed opponent, taking stock of just how many sharp and serrated blades and weapons he had attached to his body. In addition to those powers he spoke of, even without them, if he was skilled with those many blades, he could prove to be a dangerous opponent.

Speaking of his powers, Chat Noir glanced at the blade, covered in a dark mystifying energy. Wherever it touched, the material seemed to rot away, which was very concerning to Chat. But when he thought about it...

"Chat." Marinette said, looking at the knife herself, and the villain, whom was staggering upright again. "Do you get it?"

"I think so." Chat nodded.

The blade by itself was a dangerous, deadly weapon. A knife on its own could be a dangerous weapon, used against anyone. But Spite seemed to possess the ability to channel this dark, corrupting energy into the weapons. Given that he was talking about corrupting the links between people...

"That weapon of yours." Chat called out to Spite, as he grabbed his darkened weapon. "That ruins links between people, right?"

"Depends on what you consider 'ruining'." Spite said, his eye trailing on his weapon, looking at it fondly. "But I do edit the links between people. I started with some venomous scumbags I know... And then I started on other people who deserved it."