Spite Versus Chat

The very next second, Spite was on the receiving end of a punch thrown by Chat, that threatened to break the young heroes own arm, for all the force he had put into it. Spite hadn't even managed to do a single thing after his taunt before he was slammed in the jaw by a strike that felt like a runaway train, sending him flying backwards a few meters as the force shot throughout his body. He took his knife with him, no longer impaling Ladybug's stomach.

The villain away from his love, Chat quickly caught her as she fell down, gently lowering her to the ground.

"Marinette..." Chat didn't remember to use code-names. What difference would it make right now anyway? He couldn't bring himself to cry out her name. When he tried to, it got caught in his throat. He couldn't shout her name. He couldn't scream her name. He couldn't even raise his voice.

In spite of that however, he was panicking. He had no idea how their miraculouses worked, if they prevented something like this, or if this really was a danger-zone. Sweat ran down his face like a waterfall. Something struck out at Chat Noir, when he properly went to look at Ladybug's wound, however.

She didn't have one.

There was no wound. No cut clothing. No marks. No blood... Nothing. Her body was still warm, and her breathing... She was still breathing, albeit lightly, like she was sleeping.

Like she had never been stabbed.

She was okay?... Had it been luck?... Or had something been done to her?...

It didn't matter right now. She was okay. That was what was important. Chat laid her down gently on the floor, before he turned to a still recovering Spite. "What did you do to her?"

"Why would I tell you?" Spite asked, still grinning. Standing upright, he ran his fingers along the length of his butchers knife, taking the time to feel the blades cold, metallic, flat surface. "Keeping you guessing is a lot more entertaining."

This cocky, arrogant bastard... Chat Noir gritted his teeth and extended his baton again. "We'll see how entertaining it is when I throw you from a building!"

"Did I strike a nerve?"

"You struck the one nerve, that's connected to the one person that I'm prepared to beat you into a fine paste for!" Chat yelled, dashing straight towards Spite, his baton behind his neck, preparing to swing. Once in range, he struck with the extended metallic pole, aiming straight for the neck. The weapon moved with incomprehensible speed and precision.

Reflexes activating, Spite blocked the incoming strike with his butcher's knife. Despite such a flimsy weapon in comparison to his own, Chat noticed just how sturdy that particular weapon was. Such a strong blade, and capable, and the source of his powers, a weapon he was never seen without...

That was it.

Chat realized that knife had to be the source of the villain's powers. That changed his target. He had to destroy that knife, to stop Spite from being a threat to him, to Ladybug, to everyone in Paris. But getting that weapon away wouldn't be easy.

Using the baton as a stationary object to throw himself from, Chat used it like a pole, and swung around it, launching a solid roundhouse kick to the knife covered villain's face. It made direct contact with the cheekbone, causing Spite to stagger a bit, before he drew another serrated blade, and aimed to slash Chat's Femoral artery, located in the leg. Close proximity made it a very real threat to the teenage hero.

Chat was faster though, using the momentum of his kick to push back off of Spite's skull, and landing on the ground a few meters away from him. He used his claws to help come to a halt, digging them into the ground. As soon as he stopped sliding, he charged once again, this time with his palm outstretched, ready to slash at his target with rapid force.