Keep It Quiet

"Wait, wait, wait up, Marinette." Alya looked absolutely gobsmacked, her mouth ajar, staring at her blue haired best friend who was red at the cheeks. "Back up. Rewind that for me for a sec girl." She leaned towards Marinette, her eyes narrowing as she did so. "Adrien asked you on a date?"

Marinette nodded, still blushing. "Yep..."

"As in, a date date?"

"Yes..."

"As in, the 'Hand-holding, romantic-moonlit-dinner type date?"

"What other kinds of dates are there?"

"I don't know! I'm just a little blown away right now, M!" Alya squealed and hugged her best friend tightly. "Tell me you said yes!"

"Of course I did." Marinette told her with a smile, and patting her on the back as she was hugged.

This earned yet another squeal from Alya, and she squeezed Mairnette even tighter before letting her go, her eyes sparkling like a young child's. Mairnette could have easily mistaken Alya for being more excited than she herself was. "How did this even happen?! What happened! Gimme deets, girl!"

Marinette chuckled nervously. She and Adrien had come up with a cover-up story to tell anyone who asked, as long as those particular people weren't their parents. "Um, he - He came over to my parents bakery, and - And we just ran into each other and talked and - Um, he then asked me if I wanted to go out with him."

It seemed to be enough for Alya to believe, and she seemed to bubble over in excitement, and even did a few hops of joy on the spot. She had been the one person Marinette had totally confided in regarding her crush on Adrien. Others knew about it, sure, but the red ahired blogger was the only one who knew everything straight from the blue haired, awkward, shy source. Alya had been huge on trying to force her crushing friend into interactions with Adrien, often against Marinette's will, mostly out of frustration of her friend's antics. Marinette had always been thankful for those pushes, so she felt Alya deserved to know of her upcoming date with Adrien.

"So, where is Prince Charming taking you?" Alya asked.

"I um... I think we're going to a funfair. It was um, my idea, actually."

"Yours?" Alya shot her a glance that said, 'Of all the places, a funfair?' Marinette didn't particularly think there was anything wrong with the idea, but Alya apparently disagreed.

"W-Well, he said he'd never gotten to go to one before because of his father, so I thought..."

"You can't get all dressed up to go to a funfair, girl."

"We weren't really planning to get all done up for it..." There wasn't much of a point in doing so. Both of them knew about the Soul Links, both of them knew how long they had really been together behind those masks they wore, and both of them already knew they loved the other. They had kissed beforehand once already. There wasn't really a need to get dressed all fancy for it. "B-Besides, Adrien's a model... I - don't you think he'd be tired of getting all dressed up for things."

"Girl, you have had your eyes on him for the last year, and now you've got a date with him. I am not letting you go out without making sure you look as damn cute as a kitten in a slipper."

Marinette had to laugh, both at the analogy her best friend used, and the reminder that Adrien was Chat Noir. She had unknowingly made a double joke.

Holy crap, if Alya knew she was going on a date with Chat Noir...

"I ain't messing around, Marinette. Seriously, how're we doin' this? I'm thinking curls for your hair. It's long enough for them."

"We - We're not going until Wednesday!" Wednesday being the day that they had half the average school day made for the best night for them to go out on their date, they had both agreed.