Chapter 3

Please vote and comment!

.

.

.

"Us?"  she questions in disbelief. 

"Yes." He confirms. "Us."

"Lucas, there is no 'us'." she tells him gesturing between them. The hallways were beginning to clear out and pretty soon it would only be them standing here.

"Well I'm sorta noticing that now." he says crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"What?" she asks in confusion.

"Noah."

"Noah?"

"Yes, Noah. Who is he?"

"Lucas, I think you know who he is."

"Yes, I do. I thought there was still hope for us."

"There isn't  an 'us' anymore Lucas." she sighs exasperatedly.

"Are you sure?" He asked taking a step closer to her.

"Yes, I'm sure. You and I are done. I have someone who is honest with me and that's more than you ever were." she takes a step back to maintain the distance between them knowing that if he got too close she won't be able to think straight.

"Maybe you're done but Maya," he sighs. "I'm not." he finishes.

"Please don't do this." she pleads. "I have the right to move on without you trying to cut your way back in. You should move on too."

"Maya, I love you and I'm going to try to get you to forgive me and trust me again because I need you in my life."

"You'll always have me in your life." she reassures him looking into his eyes. "As a friend."

He breaks their eye contact by looking up and exhaling heavily. "I don't know when but we will be together again." He starts moving closer to her. "Because I love you and I know no matter how much you fight it, you love me too. So however long it takes to earn your trust again, months, years, it doesn't matter because I will wait for you." He gently puts his hand on her cheek and she unconsciously leans into it. "As long as I have to."

"Lucas," she whispers reaching up and putting my hand over his. "You can't say things like that."

"You want honesty, don't you?" he questions moving his thumb over her cheek lightly. He continued to look at her with that open, vulnerable expression and she could feel her resolve weakening.

"I can't do this." she removes his hand from her face and walks away. 

She can't do to Noah what Lucas once did to her.

*-*

"There you are!" Noah greets her with  smile as she walks to the table with a lunch tray. "I thought you got abducted by aliens or something." He jokes and she flashes him a small smile.

"Where were you?" Riley asks as Maya takes her place next to Noah from her spot in Charlie's lap as she picks at the food on her tray.

"I just had to go over some things with Mr. Harrison." she shrugs and takes a bite of her pizza.

Riley raises an eyebrow at her and looks over her shoulder and narrows her dark eyes slightly, you'd have to be looking to notice it. "Oh would you look at that. It's Lucas, also late. Did he have to speak with Mr. Harrison too?"

"Are you implying something?" Maya questions putting her elbows on the table and leaning closer to Riley.

"I'm not implying anything. I just find it odd that both you and Lucas are late for lunch." She smiles brightly at Maya as Lucas sits between Zay and Farkle.

Maya glances at Noah to see him looking suspiciously between Lucas and her but not saying anything instead turning back to his lunch.

Maya's phone buzzes in her pocket and she pulls it out to see a new text from Zay. Looking over at him she sees that he's engaging in casual conversation with Lucas.

'Want me to fight her?'

'That won't be necessary and besides do you want to be known as the guy who hits girls?'

'I can fight with my words, not everyone is as violent as you Ms. Hart.'

'Thank you for the offer but I can handle Riley.'

'Like you "handled" her last year?'

She was about to type a reply when she was interrupted by Charlie. "Who's got you all smiley over there?" 

"Not that it's any of your business but it's just a meme." she says in a flat tone. 

"Hmm." He says and Riley whispered something in his ear that had him smirking.

Maya's phone buzzes again and she checks the message.

'Can you handle them both?'

.

.

.

.

I honestly hate myself for how I made Riley in this because she's a little sunshine and I love her but I made her a complete bitch in book one and I don't think I could undo the bitchiness even if I tried.

Please Note that I do not edit these chapters or reread them so if you see any errors you can point them out.

QOTC: Should I make Maya  and Riley besties again?