Chapter 9

****On a completely unrelated note, I was locked out of my twitter account @bisexuiles because of 'unusual activity' (I lost my phone and logged in on a new one) so if you want to go spam twitter support or whoever telling them to let me back in or whatever please do(the account was to my phone number and nothing else because its aside account). ****

 Vote, comment and all that good stuff I guess

.

.

.

"Ma, I'm home!" Maya yells into the apartment when she returns home from school on Tuesday afternoon. 

"I'm in here!" She called out and Maya manoeuvres herself around the boxes containing their stuff to follow her voice to the kitchen. Katy and Shawn, now being engaged, decided that they'd move into Shawn's place which was in a better part of the city and fairly bigger.

"Hey, I'm- Oh hi Mrs. Adams." Maya greets the lady who sat on the kitchen floor with her mother wrapping plates in news paper before putting them in boxes.

"Hello there." She replies smiling. "How was school?"

"Fine." She replies, taking slow steps out of the kitchen. 

"What was it you wanted, baby girl?" Her mother asks looking up at her.

"Nothing, never mind." she says walking towards the door. "I'm going to go to the park for a while." she says finally in the doorway.

"Okay, but call me if you need anything." She says and Maya turns to leave.

 Maya moves down the hall quickly, in a hurry to put my bag in my room and grab some stuff but as she was about to enter her room the bathroom door opened up and Ashton stepped out.

"Aye, Maya!" Ashton smiles at her closing the bathroom door behind her.

"Hi." She flash her a tight lipped smile pushing her bedroom door open and stepping in.

"You staying to help pack?" she questions following Maya into her room. "You're hardly ever here!"

Maya's mom works for Ashton's step-father, William Adams as his personal secretary and after she had dinner with Mrs. Adams that one time they became close friends. 

Ashton's step father was a partner at Adams & Tate, it was one of the most successful law firms in the entirety of New York. Katy and Mrs. Adams talked to each other a lot when she visited her husband at work and somehow dinner at the Hart's came up. Now when her mother wasn't working or with Shawn she was spending her time with Mrs. Adams and usually where Mrs. Adams was, Ashton was nearby.

"I'm a busy gal." She says gathering some art supplies and putting them into a messenger bag, throwing it over her shoulder.

"Where you goin'?" she asks following Maya down the hall.

"To the park." she says pulling back on her shoes at the door. 

"I could come?"

Maya internally rolled her eyes at her. She wanted to scream out 'NO' but she was supposed to play nice with her. "Sure, why not?" she smiles falsely.

"Cool!" She says moving back to the living room and picking up her bag from the couch. "Mommy!" she calls out to her mother who was laughing with Maya's on the kitchen floor, wine glass in hand. "I goin' to the park with Maya!"

"A'right, but come back by six." Mrs. Adams tells her daughter and Ashton doesn't bother replying just moves to join Maya by the door pushing her feet into her shoes.