Chapter 6

Please leave a vote and comment while you read so I can see your reactions to stuff.

.

.

.

"Who did the Alex girl think you stole from Riley though?" Noah asked nervously looking up from his book from his position on the floor, while twirling his pen in his hands.

"Noah, that was three days ago, why are you still thinking about it?" Maya groans putting her pen down and looking over at him from the couch.

"I know, I know." he sighs. "But when she asked everyone looked stunned and it got really quiet and you've told me the story about the guy and whatever but you never told me who the guy was and everyone else seems to know, even those two guys who you only just met, and I already feel left out and-"

"Lucas." She interrupts his rambling.

"What?" He asks his eyebrows frowned in confusion.

"Lucas." she repeats. "The guy she thought I stole."

"So you're telling me," he pauses. "the guy who I was kept trying to figure out why he seemed to hate me, the one who I've been trying to get to not hate me, is you ex-boyfriend." he says and Maya nods slowly trying to figure out his feelings towards this. "Huh." he says leaning back on the chair behind him with a contemplative look on his face.

"Yup." She says turning her attention back to her homework while she waited for him to say something else.

It was quiet for a few seconds, only the sound of her pen moving along the paper but it was interrupted by Noah groaning. "I feel so stupid." he buries his face in his hands and shakes his head. "I mean it's so obvious." he continues shooting up from his position on the floor, spreading his arms at his side and throwing his head back. "That's why Riley always asks these condescending questions whenever you guys aren't around!" he starts pacing around the floor and rambling to himself about the things that should've made it 'so obvious'.

"Noah," Maya interrupts him, "babe, you gotta calm down." she says getting up and walking over to him.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's not a big deal, you just dated Lucas and he's always around and he could kill me if he wants to and I think he wants to!" he exclaims reaching up and grabbing a fistful of his hair in his hands and pulls slightly, "Have you seen his arms compared to mine? I have to start working out!"

"Okay, now you're just being ridiculous." she rolls her eyes and gently removes his hands from his hair.

He groans and throws himself back onto the couch in a starfish position. "I feel so stupid," he continues, sinking deeper into the cushions. "Everyone knew except for me. They probably all think I'm an idiot."

"Nobody thinks that." she kneels between his legs. "I knew I probably should've told you it was Lucas but-"

"No, no, it's fine. I don't care that you didn't give me names, the way you used to talk about him, I understand why you didn't tell me who he was." he says, reaching out to cup her cheeks. "It took you almost an entire month before you even talked about him and if it took you longer to say his name to me- although he has been back for a while now- then it's fine." he reassures her and she smiles up at him gently, reaching up to take his hand in hers and give it a light squeeze. "Now finish up your homework so we can go hang out with your friends and I can feel completely uncomfortable while Lucas attempts to use laser eyes on me." he says softly patting her cheek and motioning for her to move out of the way so that he could get back to his work.