Chapter 7

Please answer the questions at the end, it is to make the book more enjoyable for you! It's only 10 questions and it won't take very long.

Please vote and leave some comments as you read.

.

.

.

"Good morning." a voice says and Maya jumps in surprise.

"Oh my gosh, dude! Don't do that!" Maya exclaims putting a hand to her chest feeling, feeling her heart pounding against it. She wasn't expecting anyone else to be up for at least another hour or two considering it was 7am on a Sunday morning.

"All I did was say 'good morning'." Lucas says from where he's sitting at the breakfast bar, a cup  in one had and his phone in the other. "What are you doing up so early anyway?" he asks putting the cup to his lips and taking a sip.

"Oh, please." she rolls her eyes and walks over to the pantry and takes out a box of unopened Cheerios. "I always wake up before you so the real question is why are you up?" she asks as she get a bowl out the cupboard and the milk out of fridge.

"I've been up for a while now." he shrugs. She takes the stool next to him and start preparing her breakfast.

"What do you mean 'a while' it's only seven." she points out then put a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

"I couldn't sleep." he says taking another sip from his cup. He puts his phone and cup down and buries his face in his hands then let's out a pained groan. "My mom texted me right when I was falling asleep to tell me Pappy Joe was in the hospital." he explains and her heart sinks a little. "Apparently he fell, Cletus called her and only when she was already on her way back to Texas she thought to tell me about it; that whole thing was going on for hours and she forgotten to call me or whatever to tell me what was going on, so while I was watching movies and playing games, my grandfather was dying and no one even thought to tell me anything about it until after three in the morning." He says and she get up from my seat to wrap her arms around him, the cereal long forgotten. "And now she's not answering her phone so I don't know what's happening.

"I'm sure he's going to be alright Lucas." she tries to comfort him while stroking his back but she's sure her words weren't helping. She knows how close Lucas is with his grandfather so she could only imagine how he must be feeling right now. Eventually he turned towards her so that he could wrap his arms around her too. They stood like that for a while, she continued to rub what she hoped was soothing circles into his back and whispering to him trying to calm him. His shoulders were shaking slightly and she could hear the occasional sniff.

Sometime later the shaking stopped and he buried his face in her neck, pulling her in closer; the only reason she stopped holding him was because someone cleared their throat pretty loudly startling them apart. They turned to see Charlie leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his lips.

"Well aren't you two just cosy." he says and Maya rolls her eyes at him then moves away from Lucas to get back to her cereal which was now pretty soggy. "I'm sorry I had to break up your little rendezvous though." he pushes off the wall. 

"Don't you have someone else to annoy?" Lucas groaned picking up his cup and finishing its contents.

"Don't you have someone who doesn't have a boyfriend to be all over?" Charlie asks while opening the fridge.

"Don't talk about things you don't understand or know about." Lucas snaps eyes narrowing at Charlie.

"Oh but I do know." he says coming out with a bottle of orange juice. "I know Maya has a boyfriend. One who might not appreciate his girlfriend having intimate moments with their exes." He opens the bottle and drinks straight from it causing Maya to screw up my face in disgust. "Does he know you two dated by the way?" He asks pointing his fingers at them. "Because he doesn't seem to." He continues. "Are you afraid to tell him?" he steps closer. "Is it because you still have feelings for Lucas? How do you think he'd react to the news?" 

"Go stick your nose in someone else's business, Charlie." Maya glares at him.

"But this is so fun." he places the bottle on the counter. "You think there would be a fight if he found out?" he grins. "I hope there's a fight."

"Hope there's a fight between who?" Farkle asks as he steps into the kitchen with Smackle, Avery and Tristan trailing behind him.

"A fight between Maya's boy toy and Lucas when he finds out they used to date because he obviously doesn't know otherwise he probably wouldn't let you be around him." he points at Lucas. "I know if you were mine I wouldn't let you be around him."

"First of all," comes Noah's voice from the doorway, "I already know that they used to date." he glares at Charlie, whose smile was gone completely now. "Secondly, I do not own Maya. She is her own person and therefore can be friends with whomever she likes." he spits out. "So next time you try to attack people, make sure you know all the facts first."

.

.

.

.

And I'm back to hating this book, how bout you?

Anyway did you like it? 

Questionnaire:

1. Do you want any characters to die?

2. If yes, who?

3. Do you want Maya and Lucas to get back together?

4. Do you want Maya and Riley to be friends again?

5. Do you want Maya and Lucas to sneak around again?

6. Do you want more Tristan, Alex, Avery?

7. Do you want Ashton to come back?

8. Do you want Lucas to date someone else?

9. If Maya and Noah break up do you want them to still get along?

10. What do you want to see happen?