Ch.1 Intorduction

Skyler's POV

"Skyler Mendez to the office, Skyler Mendez to the office," I heard blasting over the intercom. Of course my whole 9th grade class chanted, "Ooh Skylar's in trouble!" Everyone then started to giggle except for me because I was quite confused as to why I was being called into the principle's office. I hadn't done anything wrong, well I don't think at least. I stayed looking at the ground while walking to Principle Stewart's office.When I walked in the receptionist lady smiled at me which gave me a feeling of relief. I then Smiled widely and knocked on Mr. Stewart's door. He motioned for me to come in. Although I walked in with a smile of relief, that instantly faded at the sight of Mr. Stewart's facial expression. "Take a seat Miss Mendez", he said with a sigh of what seemed to be disappointment. "Whatever I did I'm so sorry, I will go to after school detention for however long you want just please don't call my parents!", I said quickly with the hope that they hadn't already been called. If my parents knew I got in trouble for anything they would cancel the trip to see my older sister Charlotte in California. She moved there about 1 year ago after turning 19. When her YouTube channel reached one million subscribers. Charlotte was always there for me and I could always look up to her. She is the reason I decided to make my own YouTube channel a year ago and now I have 500k subscribers. I can't wait to see her in person again, I've gotten tired of having to schedule Skyping dates. Principle Stewart waved his hand in front of my face ripping me out of my thoughts. He took a deep breath and said the words that I never thought I would hear in a million years. "Skyler there was an accident on Dumas Drive involving both of your parents and a drunk driver." he said with his voice reeking of sorrow. "Are, are they okay?" I stuttered. "I'm sorry to inform you but neither of them managed to make it." he replied. I felt my whole body shut down. It was as if everyone and everything froze. I then felt my eyes start to fill with tears. I ran out of the office and into the auditorium. There was an empty closet that no one else ever seemed to use, that I would go in to cry when someone bullied me or to calm down when I had anxiety attacks during school. As soon as I shut the door the tears began to fall. I never have been one to let people see me cry. After I couldn't cry anymore I noticed a steady breathing right outside the door. I used my hoodie sleeve to wipe away all my tears and opened the door slowly. It was principle Stewart. "We have called your sister and she will be on the next flight here." he said with sympathy.

Charlotte's POV

I was sitting on the couch cuddled up with Jake when my phone started to ring. I ignored it because I really didn't want to pause the movie and it was probably just Emily calling to tell me how her date went. Then my phone rang again. When I picked it up to see who it was a 806 area code from my home town Amarillo, Texas popped up. I answered it very confused, "hello?" "Hi, may I speak to Charlotte Mendez please?" the woman on the phone said. "This is her. May I ask whose calling?"I replied. "Mam, my name is officer Monique Hudson and I'm calling from the Amarillo Police Department." she said in a monotone. I gave Jake a look of worry and proceeded to say, "Oh no, what did Skyler do?" I became extremely worried when Officer Hudson said, "I am not not calling about Skyler. This is concerning your parents." The phone became filled with silence on both ends. "Miss. Mendez, your parents were in a car accident on Dumas Drive today after colliding with a drunk driver and all were found dead on arrival." she said with sympathy. As soon as I heard those last three words I broke down in tears. Officer Hudson stood silent until I calmed myself down enough to speak. She then continued, "I'm so very sorry for your loss Miss. Mendez but you are Skyler's only relative and she is currently at school." "I will book the next flight to Amarillo!" I exclaimed. "Okay we will see you soon" she replied. I dropped the phone. Jake looked at me very concerned.

Jake's POV

After Charlotte hung up she just dropped the phone straight onto the floor and broke down in tears once again. I looked at her very concerned. "Baby, what's wrong? What happened?"I asked. After 5 minutes of crying Charlotte finally opened her mouth to speak. "My mom and dad were both killed in a car accident and they need me to fly to Amarillo because I'm Skyler's only relative." she said sniffling and taking deep breaths between each word. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I sat there hugging and comforting her to the best of my ability until we decided to book our flights. She told me I didn't have to come but I assured her there was no way I was gonna let her go through this alone. We booked our flights and then went upstairs to pack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys hope you enjoyed. I just recently discovered Wattpad and this is my first story so sorry if it's a little rusty. Comment and let me know what you think :) And Remember Keep Your Head Up (: