Ch.9 The Announcement

Skyler's POV

I watched as Charlotte was frantically running around the house trying to set up the camera and lights. She looked at me like I wasn't doing anything so I went and got a box of tissues out of the storage closet in the hallway. When I got back into the living room Charlie already had everything set up and ready to go. I tossed her the box and clicked record on the camera. As I sat down a small wave of anxiety rushed through me. Before I could freak out I remembered what it felt like to be in Lucas's arms, safe and sound. Suddenly all of the anxiety just went away. We are filming my video first. Charlotte looked at me.

"Are you ready Skye?"

"Yeah, let's do this!"

"Hey guys. What's up? It's Skyler. Today I'm here with my sister Charlotte. I've been getting a lot of concerned and worried messages on all of my social media accounts. Thank you guys so much for that. It means a lot to know that no matter what is going on I can always turn to you guys and you'll be here, supporting me. This is why I feel like I need to be open with you now and let you know what is going on with me lately. I took a break from the internet for a few days because..."

I started to tear up and Charlie noticed so she rested her hand on mine, letting me know she would take it from there.

"On Tuesday morning our parents got into a car accident... They did not make it nor did the drunk driver that hit them."

I heard Charlie's voice start to crack so I squeezed her hand and continued where she left off.

"Because I did not have any other relatives in Texas I moved out to California with Charlotte. I don't really know what else to tell you guys about the situation because I haven't completely come to terms with it yet but as soon as I do I will let you guys know. For now just know that I am with my sister and doing okay. I'm going to attempt to keep up with my weekly uploads but if I miss a couple, now you know why. Again thank you guys so much for being genuine, loving and caring people that I can talk to and be 100% real with. Also a big thanks to Charlie for filming this video with me.
Thank you guys so much for watching. I love you all, and remember, keep your head up :) "

After Charlotte and I's extra long hug I went in the kitchen to upload the video.

Lucas's POV

"Bye Bro. See you tomorrow for the last day of hell!"

I say excited as Dylan skates off. I still can't believe that after tomorrow it is finally going to be Summer. I'm only a sophomore but I feel like I've been in high school for 10 years now. I walked in the kitchen to find Skyler sitting at the table with her laptop. I just looked at her for a minute taking in all of her beauty.

"What you up to?" I say sitting next to her and sprawling my legs across her lap.

"Just watching this video before I upload it."

"Ooh can I see it?"

"Yeah, I'm so nervous to post it. I just want it to be perfect."

*5 minutes later*

"The video is genuine and absolutely amazing Skye. Same goes with the relationship you have with your fans."

"Thanks Luke. It means more than you know."

She smiled causing me to blush. I watched as she clicked upload and we spent about 20 minutes reading and replying to comments.

"Hey Skye wanna go in the living room and watch a movie?"

"Sure, what movie though?"

"Hmmmm... I was thinking something scary?"

"Yesss! I love scary movies, even though they freak me out."

"PARANORMAL ACTIVITY MARATHON IT IS!" I yelled in excitement.

Skyler's POV

And in that moment I knew I messed up. What are the chances that the one series of scary movies he picks happens to be the one that completely terrifies me? Just my luck, I'm gonna seem like such a baby.

We weren't even halfway into the first movie when I began to cover my eyes and jump. Lucas giggled and assured me that I would be okay. I don't know what it is about him but when he says everything is going to be okay I feel safe.

Halfway through the next movie I felt myself dozing off but I kept fighting it so that Lucas wouldn't think that I was bored. I'm glad that the second movie was a little more scary because every so often there would be a jump scare and Lucas would get this little twitch. It was funny but also very cute. Right after, he would look at me to check if I noticed.

*10 minutes later*

Lucas's POV

My focus was torn away from the movie when I noticed that Skye hadn't jumped in a while. I looked over and she was out cold. How could someone look so effortlessly beautiful doing something as simple as sleeping?

Although we have comfortable couches I would feel bad if she ended up sore tomorrow because I let her stay down here. I picked her up bridal style, carried her up the stairs and down the hall to her bedroom. As I laid her on the bed she began to mumble.

"Thank you Lucas"

"Of course Skye, I'll always be here for you."