Ch. 7 New Life

A/N- Hey guys I know it's been a very long time since I've updated the story. I don't have any excuses other than I got caught up with school and my YouTube channel. All I can say is that I am back and I'm going to try uploading a new chapter at least once a week. I've had a lot of time to think of ideas for this story and I have to say, 2017 is going to be a wild year for this book <3 I hope you enjoy this chapter and remember, Keep your head up :)

Skyler's POV

I reached over to my bedside table, grabbed my phone off the charger and checked the time. It was 10 o'clock am. I panicked for a second, thinking that I was late for school until a realized where I was. I still can't believe I'm here, in California, laying in my new room, inside of my new house, filled with kind, new people that I have yet to get to know. Thinking of these things made me happy. I took it to twitter.

@SkylerMendez: Woke up in a good mood. I hope everyone is having a great day :)

After scrolling through my feed for 10 minutes out of boredom I thought of Lucas. Since I was already on Twitter I looked him up on there first. He has a few hundred thousand more followers than me. His last name is Lambert and he's only a few months older than me. I saw that he is following me so I followed him back. Then I heard Charlotte yell my name from the living room. When I got downstairs I saw Charlie, Jake, and Liam sitting at the table with a bunch of breakfast food. "I made your favorite, waffles!" She shouted while putting some on a plate for me. I thanked her for the food and sat down to eat. I didn't notice that I hadn't eaten lunch or dinner yesterday until I caught myself inhaling my food rather than actually chewing it like a normal person. "How did you like your room kiddo?" Liam asked. "It's amazing! Thank you so much but the room was already perfect you didn't have to get me a laptop also." I explained gratefully. He had a look of confusion on his face. "I didn't buy you the laptop, Lucas did." He assured me. Why didn't Lucas want me to know that he bought me the laptop? "Oh my bad, Lucas said you bought it for me." "It's okay, nothing to worry about." After eating I rinsed my plate off in the sink and went upstairs to get ready for the day. I think I'm gonna talk to Charlie about letting our viewers know about what's going on with us so that we can get back into the groove of making videos. I took a quick shower and picked out my outfit for the day which was a black t-shirt that says Vans in white, a pair of white high waisted shorts and my all black high top vans. After my hair dried I put it into a side braid.

Charlotte's POV

Jake and I were watching tv as I saw Skyler coming down the stairs. "Hey Skye what's up?" Jake said. "Nothing much, Charlie can I talk to you in the kitchen please?" She asked nervously. I nodded and continued to walk toward the kitchen. We sat on the stools at the counter. "What's wrong Skye?" I asked concerned. "Nothing's wrong I just wanted to talk to you about what we are going to tell our subscribers." "I've been wanting to bring it up but I didn't know if it was too soon for you." I explained. "I want to make a video explaining what's going on, so that people will stop asking questions and worrying." Skyler said with a sigh of relief. "I agree. We should make a video together, for both of our channels." I offered. "I would like that. I was kind of anxious to do the video alone. I just don't know how i'm supposed to explain, that my parents died and I live in California now, to 500k people when I haven't even entirely wrapped my head around the situation myself." she said starting to tear up. "Don't cry Skye, we are in this together, always." I assured her while wiping away the fallen tear on her cheek. She engulfed me in a hug. "Thanks Sis." Skyler said with a smile. "Anytime. I'm going to go upstairs and get ready. See you in a bit." I kissed her forehead and walked upstairs.

Skyler's POV

I went upstairs to my room and plopped onto my bed out of exhaustion. But this isn't because I'm tired. I know this feeling all too well. The amount of anxiety I've felt this week is more than I've ever felt in all my years of school, and trust me that's saying something considering situations ranging from something as small as reading out loud, to making a presentation in front of an entire class, to being surrounded by kids while being repeatedly hit by Kate Sanders and Mercedes Jeffery. I tried to hold back the tears by thinking about the fact that i'm in my dream city with my amazing sister and many great people but with the thought of being here comes the thought of how much I miss my parents. To my surprise the thought of my parents is not what broke me. It was the fact that I have no idea how I can explain what has happened to all my viewers. What if they think I am insensitive for being back on YouTube so soon, what if they think I'm just making the video for attention? With these thoughts filling my mind I slowly start to realize that I am trembling and can barely see through my sobbing tears. Then I realize what's going on. I'm having a panic attack, right here, right now.