Prologue

"If you come home for Christmas one more time with out a woman I'm going to go crazy." My mama exclaimed as I left Leesburg Georgia for home, back for Nashville. Two days ago was Christmas.

"Mamma, I'll find one when I find one." I said.

"You better." She scolded and I headed out the door.

I walked down the path and got into my black Chevrolet. Jacked up it was quite the reach even with the floor boards. I plugged my phone in and played my own music through my Bluetooth. I stopped at the coffee shop in town.

"Morning Faith." I said as I walked in.

"Mornin Luke. What can I have ya?" She asked.

"Just the usual." I said smiling.

"Where are you headed?" She asked as she rang me up.

"To the cemetery. I want to visit Chris once more before I head back to Nashville." I said. It was our 3rd Christmas without my older brother. And it wasn't getting easier.

"That sounds good." She said. "2.75." She said. Handing me my large coffee.

"Keep the change. Thank you and I hope you had a merry Christmas and have a happy new year." I smiled handing her a ten dollar bill.

"Thank you Luke. Happy new year." She smiled back to me.

I walked out the door and got into my truck. I turned up the radio and headed to the cemetery. I got out grabbing the flowers I bought to lay on Chris's grave.

"Hey Brother." I said looking down. That was all I could said and I already had a tear slipping. "It's not getting easier down here with out you. Mamma still hangs your stocking and fills it with gifts." I chuckled. "It just doesn't get easier. I wish I had some one to sit with on the pier with Kelly and I. We still have a beer for you." I knelt down and laid down the flowers. "I have to go back to Nashville and start working again, break is almost over. Can you help watch over mamma and pa, Kelly and Lee and I?" I stood back up. "Love you Chris." I just stood in silence for alittle while staring at the grave and then I built back strength to turn and walk to my truck. Nothing felt better than visiting my brother.

I headed back to Nashville, back to my new home of two years. The words rang in my head. "With out a woman one more time."

"I'm trying mom!" I wanted to say. I just wasn't having luck. And maybe that's how it was supposed to be. I'm the 25 year old Thomas Luther Bryan.