VII

"Thank you for dinner again." I told Paige as I walked out to my truck. I needed to be at the studio before 7 tomorrow to make sure I have everything, Kerri's orders.

The 10 minute ride home I thought about Paige and I. We kissed once tonight and that's when I was leaving. But we never talked about us. We never confirmed that there was an us. I don't even know if we are an item.

I got home and went straight to bed. I got up at 5:30 ate some breakfast and packed my truck and then headed to the studio.

"Morning Kerri!" I said.

"Goodmorning." She said. "You alright Luke?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?! We are leaving for tour today!"

"Stop acting okay. You're sick."

"Nah I think it's allergies." I said trying to talk my way out of it.

"Thomas. Don't lie." Kerri said.

"I think it's alittle cold from not getting enough sleep, alright?" I said.

"You're lucky your first show isn't for three days. That'll give you time to get better."

"Thank you mom." I sassed to her.

"Oh shut up and go unpack on the bus." She shook her head. Kerri BM and the band shared a bus. Their bus was mostly bunks and a bathroom with a dining table but the bus I was in was large, had two bunk beds then at the end was a master bed area. It had a bathroom and kitchen/ dining area. It's was the "party bus." I allowed that to happen.

I unpacked everything so it was nice and neat. I glanced around proud that everything in the bedroom where I slept in the back of the bus was nicely put away. But not for long. Once we headed on the road I took alittle nap trying to make myself caught him up on sleep so I could get better.

The shows that were scheduled for this tour were scattered all over the place. We first go to Denver, Colorado.
2. Souix falls, South Dakota.
3. Phoenix Arizona
4. Las Vegas, Nevada
5. Minneapolis, Minnesota
6. Mountain View, California
7. San Diego, California
8. We fly to Nashville and play the show there and in Huntsville Alabama and then fly back west and play in
10. Salt Lake City Utah
11. Detroit, Michigan
And that's the first half of the tour and then we head east.
12. Souix city, Indiana
13. New Orleans, Louisiana
14. Bloomington, Illionois
15. Toledo, Ohio
16Then we have to shoot up to Milwaukee Wisconsin cause it was the only time we could fit in that show.
16. Knoxville, Tennesee
17. Hersey, Pensivainia
18. Raleigh, North Carolina
19. Charlestown, South Carolina
20. Jacksonville, Florida
21. Atlanta, Georgia
And that's the tail end of the tour.

This is my longest tour so far in my career that I am the head show. I'm so excited to have Tyler Farr, Cole swindell along and to have Deirks Bentley for the tail end of the tour. Deirks will also show in the Nashville show and the Huntsville Alabama show.

"Luke we got sound check in 10." Kerri knocked on the bus door and leaned in. I have no clue what I'd do with out her. She makes everything happen for me she's the one keeps me on my feet.

"Thanks Ker!" I said back. I stood up and cracked open a Miller and took a couple sips and then stuck it in the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of water and headed to the stage.

"You're first tours sound check went great." Kerri said as we were walking to the bus. "Head to the dressing rooms in about a half hour people are starting to flood in now."

"Thank you. And alright sounds good."

I went into my bus and had alittle bit to eat before I had to head out on stage when carter walked in handing me a people magazine. "Here thought you'd want to see this." He said sitting across from me in the booth on
my bus.

" Luke Bryan was seen leaving a jewlery store with a Dimond necklace. A week later he's seen Kissin up against a gorgeous looking woman who must be his girlfriend. Why is he keeping it a secret?! Luke Bryan seems to have been showing affection the New Years to a beautiful woman that he's always claimed to be his 'bestfriend'. The reports say that they didn't kiss when the ball dropped but they did when the DJ dropped the bass. They danced to some up beat music and then Luke asked her to dance to a slow song. They kissed and then witnesses say they left together. Has Luke been lying about being single?"

"Go onto the second page." Carter said pointing at the magazine.

"Luke Bryan just won't let Woman be. Sources two weeks ago stated he was hanging out and sleeping with a brunette woman. And now he's being hanging on a blonde that he's seen quite frequently with. Luke Bryan always says I interviewed he doesn't want a secure relationship right now. He doesn't have the time for family and doesn't want one. But what's going to happen with these woman he's been seeing?"
I read the articles out loud. This was all bull shit.

"You fucking kidding? This is ridiculous." I paused. "I didn't need this before the show carter."

"Sorry man but I thought you'd know in case if meet and greets something gets brought up." He put his hands up as if he was surrendering.

"Thanks." I said. "It's not true none of it besides yes Paige and I did kiss." I shook my head. "And I bought the necklaces for my nieces. Rumors fly too much."

"You know the truth that's all that matters." He said padding my back. "Better get to the dressing room ur late. Kerri's coming." Carter said looking out the bus window and Kerry was walking.

"Oh shit." I said I grabbed my stuff and walked off the bus.

"Really Luke come on!" She said.

"Sorry Carter and I were talking." I said kinda mad actually.

"Bout what?"

I handed her the magazine. "Can you straighten this out for me?" I walked ahead alittle ways and turned around "the second article mostly."

Kerri just nodded and I went to get read for meet and greets. The whole time I thought about how much of a family man I am and how much I eventually want a family a wife kids. And how much that article was ncomplete bullshit. I jsut shook it off cause that's what I needed to do for this show.

_______________________________
Lukes been stressed!
What do you think about the articles?
What will Luke do? They aren't that bad but will they get worse?
He's starting tour! How do y'all think toe will go?