V

"Why are you always so conscientious about women Luke? Tell me?" Jack came over again after he served a couple other men a drink.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you come in here quite often to get a buzz because of a girl. Or because you can't seem to find a girl. Or because you claim you can't love."

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I just don't really care to be in a serious relationship right now." I said.

"That isn't why Luke. I know why."

"Why?"

"You're scared." He told me.

"Scared of what?"

"Have you gotten your heart broke before?" He asked.

"Ya." I said. "But who hasn't?" I added quickly.

"You're scared you'll get it broke again."

"Well of course I'm scared. But it's not holding me back. I'm just concerned about it happening and I'm easing my way around."

"Luke you won't ever find someone if you can't put yourself out there." He said. "I don't mean go out and hook up with a girl. I mean talk to a girl get to know her and have her get to know you. Maybe there will be a connection."

"I do that though."

"Luke you don't give it a chance. You talk to them once and immediately say you can't love them." He stood and looked at my swishing my beer around in my mug. I didn't say a word. "Look, I was in the same situation. I learned that even if you think you can't you can love. And when that special some one comes around you'll know it. But she won't come around if you don't go out and put yourself out there." He said.

"I guess you're right Jack." I took the last swig of my beer. "Thank you." I gave him my glass.

"Where you goin?" He asked.

"To get my life figured out." I smiled

Jack just smiled back to me.

I wasn't sure where I was gonna go. I didn't really wanna go anywhere. I didn't want to go home I didn't wanna go to any friends houses and I defiantly didn't wanna go to Paige's. I was sitting in my truck for 15 minutes when I got out and when back into the bar.

"Luke?" Jack said stunned I came back in.

"Can I have another beer?" Jack nodded and gave me one and I have him some money.

"I just want to keep living right now. When she comes around she'll come around." I said.

"I suppose." Jack just agreed.

I sat at the bar as Jack tended to other customers. I just wanted to keep doing my thing and not having to worry about love. I was heading back on tour January third and that's when I would get my head glued on straight and back focusing on things that need to be focused on.

*** December 31st

"This is such a nice room." Paige complemented.

"It really is." I said smiling looking at her. Maybe Paige was the one but I was just scared I thought. Do I have feelings for her? I asked myself.

We got ready to go out on the town to watch the ball drop with our friends.

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
everyone raised their glass and drank or kissed the one they loved. I watched Paige take a drink of her wine as the music was turned on for the after party. She started dancing and moving her hips. I smiled to myself.

A slow song came on "can I have this dance Paige?" I asked for her hand.

"Of course." She smiled.

We swayed to the beat of the song, slow and gracefully. We would look into eachothers eyes and break the gaze by a simple smile. One gaze never was broken it lasted and lasted and then Paige broke it with a kiss. I didn't hesitate I kissed back right away it was a good kiss one of the best I've ever had.

"I've been waiting for you to do that." I whispered.

I just smiled leaning in for another one. Jack was right I did need to try new things. And Paige seemed to be working for me.

The party was running late and we decided to head back to the hotel since our flight was leaving tomorrow for back home; Nashville. Our flight leaves at 3:00 pm. Giving us time to live from our hang over.

"Tonight was so much fun." Paige said. "I'm just glad I came along. Thanks for inviting me."

"I'm glad you came too." I smiled. We were both alittle buzzed but we ended up drinking and getting drunk in the hotel room. Paige got more drunk than I did.

"Could you lay with me?" Paige slurred as I was taking off my jeans and putting on basketball shorts.

"Yes." I said walking over to her. I was still very conscientious about her and I. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to have feelings for her more than a friend. I got into the bed and lay next to her and she immediately put her arm around me and cuddled right up to me.

"Goodnight Luke." She smiled.

"Goodnight Paige." I said noticing a smile coming on. I wrapped a arm around her and before I knew it I was off dreaming.

I was sitting on a dock at a local lake watching the sunrise. When I noticed something in the clouds.

"Remember who you are." A voice said as the thing in the cloud disappeared.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Luke remember you're family, remember your friends, and don't ever forget yourself."
The voice came back.

"Kelly!!!" I yelled realizing it was her.

"Luke, keep doing your thing." She said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You'll know when you find her. Love you." She said fading back into he clouds. I just sat there glancing at the water and back up to the sky. What was I supposed to think?

________________________________
Well, what do you guys think about Luke and Paige?
Are they going to be something more than friends or do you not think so?
What do you think the dream Luke had was about?
What do you think is going to happen?!
What do you want to happen?