XI

Luke's POV:::
I should've known that was a bad idea I thought as I sat in the dressing room right after the show. I shouldn't have even thought that she would be interested. I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I sighed.

"Come on buddy. What's up?" Carter asked coming over to me. "We are going to go out for a beer. You comin?"

"Nah. I think I better just catch some rest." I said fidgeting with a pen as I sat at the table.

"What's wrong Luke?"

"I gave that one girl a back stage pass and she didn't want to come back here." I sighed.

"Well maybe she's planning on it. It's kinda a long walk when you are in a stadium of 35,000 plus people."

"I don't think she is coming." I said. "I just wanted to talk with her."

"You'll see her again." Carter smiled. "You sure you don't wanna come have a drink?"

"No thanks. I'll probably be in the rental bus sleeping." I said. And he left the room. Then I realized something. That letter that that little girl gave me. I walked to the stage by my guitar stand. I had shoved the letter under it so I would forget where I set it. I grabbed the letter and walked out to the stage. I sat out at the end of the stage and began reading the letter.

'Deer Luke,
I wanted to give you this letter. My mom typed it for me but she typed everything I said. I'm only five years old almost six though. I've been battling the dadgum cancer battle. It sucks but you taught me a lot even though I'm so young. You taught me to live everyday like its your last. And I do that. You taught me to never give up on something and for me being so young it's hard because I'd go to school and my classmates ask why I don't have hair. Tears slip or I'd have to call my mommy because I couldn't handle school anymore. But now I face my fears, I don't give up, and it's making me stronger. My classmates realized what was going on. My mommy always cries at the thought of those things. I just want you to know how much you mean to me and how much I look up to you. I love you and your music. It's hard for me but I'm making it through. The show tonight was Awesome. Even though this was typed a while before the show I just already know how awesome it was. Thank you. And I hope that I can see you again soon.

-side note from her mother. My daughter loves you and looks up to you. She is such a smart little girl. It's breaks my heart to see what she's going through but she wakes up with a smile on her face and goes to bed with one plastered on. And I truly believe it's because of you. The sayings everything happens for a reason not matter what. And God has a plan for everything, even though you may not understand. Have really brightened up Jasmine and our family. I've never seen anyone change some much because of some one. She adores you Luke. Thank you so much for everything. Even though you may not know what you do."

I cried at this letter. It made my heart warm. It made me  think about everything and everyone. I didn't realize I made impacts like this on people's lives. This little girl might have adored me but I adored her just as much.

I sat looking out at the stands replaying that meet and greet through my mind. Often wondering if id ever see little Jasmine again. I was crying and coughing and all choked up then someone leaned over and touched me on my back.

"Are you alright Luke?" It was Kerri.

"Yeah I'm fine I read read that letter from that little girl that had Leukemia." I wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"No it's okay. I just want to see her again. I want to talk to her. And I really want to talk to her family." I choked out.

"I'll try to see if I can arrange that."

"Thank you Ker." I said slowly coming out of the crying.

"Some one is here to see you." She said.

"Who?"

"I think it's that girl Caroline." She smiled.

"Is it just her?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Her friends when back to the hotel I think." Kerri commented.

"Where is she?!" I shot up looking around trying to wipe my tears so I didn't look like is been crying. I pulled my hat off and ran my fingers though my hair before slipping it back on again.

"She's back stage."

"Okay." I said starting to walk away. I stopped in my tracks and turned around "thanks Kerri." I smiled. I was just so stinkin giddy.

"Go get her Luke." She said smilin and waving holding her clip board that she had always held.

"Thank you Rosco." I said to the large security guard that was standing my Caroline. And he nodded and walked away. "Hi." I said shyly.

"Hello." She blushed. "That was a good show."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"I'm sorry I couldn't bring my friends."

"That's okay. All mine are out anyway. I stayed back hoping you'd come."

"Sorry it took so long. The lines were insane and then I wanted to made sure my friends got out okay and then getting back her was a riot." She rambled. She was so cute.

"No don't worry about it." I smiled. "Do you wanna go sit somewhere and talk?"

"I'd love to." She said.