XIII

I had just stuck the movie in unsure of how this was going to go. No I wasn't planing on sleeping with her. I'm much more of a gentleman than that. I just don't know if I should sit next to her or what. I kinda shook my thoughts off and popped some popcorn. I shook the bag and dumped it in a large blue bowl then handed it to her as she was sitting on the couch.

"I'm going to change." I said. "Would you like to borrow a pair of shorts?" I asked her.

"Sure." She said. I went to my room and changed into some grey under armour sweat pants and a black under armor shirt. I grabbed a smaller pair of black basketball shorts and a t-shirt and gave them to her. She went and changed and game back. She looked good in my shirt. I caught myself biting my lip and then stopped.

I kinda planned it out because I wasn't really sure what she wanted to do so I was sitting on the couch then she come in from changing. I was just eating the popcorn and she plopped right down next to me and reached her hand in and I teased her alittle bit. I pulled the bowl away.

"Oh common Luke please." She whined like a little kid.

"Oh fine." I said and we both giggled.

I pressed play for the movie and we laughed for a lot of it. Over half way I felt myself almost dozing off to sleep. I looked down and Caroline was out. She had her head on my shoulder and her on hand on my leg. I just let it be.

After a while the movie was over I just sat there thinking about Caroline and how she was as a person. I couldn't get how gorgeous she was out of my head. It takes a lot for a woman to turn my head but she turns mine all the time. She so sweet and kind hearted seeming. I smiled as my thoughts continued to flood my my mind until my phone began buzzing on the table.

"Shit." I whispered. Caroline was laying on me and I didn't want to wake her and I needed to answer my phone. I slowly started getting up and then picking Caroline up and brought her to my bed in the back of the bus. She muffled around alittle but and then was fast asleep. "Goodnight Darlin'" I whispered kissing her forehead.

I walked out to my phone. Paige, missed call, Paige 6 missed texts that read:

'Hey bud! How has everything been. I miss you."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of her not contacting me at all this past month and a half.

'Once you go back on the road you forget about me?'

'Bestfriends? I think not.'

'I'm sorry for kissing you. I'm sorry for all that. Can we just be friends again?'

'Thanks for replying.'

'Alright. Don't even try to contact me again.'

Yup. She was wasted I thought. I called her back quickly

"Hello?" She slurred.

"Hi Paige. I didn't forget about you I've been busy."

"Yeah whatever. You're probably loving up on some girl. You do that cause I'm about to have some fun myself tonight. I guess that's what happens when you don't want a relationship." She said in the phone. Wait what?

"I want a friendship with you. And I'm not with some girl. You need to go to bed. You've had to much to drink."

"Fuck you Luke." She said and hung up.

Okay what the hell? Seriously... Something mustve happened. I shook it off. It doesn't matter if she can't even contact me since I've been on tour. I've tried to call her and she didn't pick up then I sent a text that said if you ever wanna talk call or text me. I went into my room in the back of the bus to grab a blanket and check on Caroline. I was on my way to walk out of the room and I heard a soft voice whisper.

"Luke?" She whispered sitting up.

"It's me darlin'" I said.

"Will you lay in here with me?"

"Are you sure?" I asked her. I don't want things to get weird. After all tonight was the first real night we hung out and I didn't wanna ruin it.

"Yes. I'm just cold." She sighed. I curled up and she curled into me. I wrapped my arm around her and we fell asleep. It was perfect.