II

"Hi." I said to Lee shaking his hand. "How's your Christmas been?" I said asking him and then looking down realizing what I asked.

"Well it's good. This morning we brought some Flowers out to Kelly's grave and then the kids wanted to bring some to Chris so we did that. Then we went to my parents and now we are here." He said smiling. "It's hard." He clarified.

"I know." I said.

"Uncle Luke!" Kris and Jordan ran up to me hugging me.

"Hey you little sweethearts!" I said hugging them kissing each ones cheek. Then Til came up he was really shy and timid especially since Kelly passed.

"Hi Uncle Luke." He said coming up to me.

"Hey bud." I picked him up and hugged him. "How is my little buddy?" I asked.

"Good!" He said warming up to me more. Then I put him down.

"Well should we go open gifts?" I asked the kids excitedly.

"YA!" They all yelled.

Lee and I just chuckled. We walked into the den and the kids sat on the ground. Grandma and grandpa spoiled the grand babies. And then I bought them each a gift.

I bought Jordan and Kris necklaces with a cross on it with Kelly's birthstone on it. "Y'all might be alitte young to understand these but then are in resemblance of your mother." I said.

"I love it uncle Luke." Kris said.

"Me too." Jordan piped up.

I smiled and then they opened their other half from me. I bought each of them a Nashville shirt and both $20 gift cards. Til was next from me and he opened up his. I got home and Nashville shirt, a nice fishing pole for a beginner and a neck bandana "just like uncle Luke."

"I need A new fishing buddy." I said to him.

"Let's go!" He said exclaiming.

"Maybe tomorrow we can toss in the line." I smiled to him.

"Thank you." He squeaked.

I bought my parents a three day pass for vacation in Florida and I bought Lee a $100 dollar gift card to cabelas along with a neck bandana and a Nashville tee.

"Thank you so much Luke." They all said.

Then I opened mine. From my mamma and pa they bought me a new pair of jeans and a nice maroon button up. They also bought me a $100 new fishing pole. "Thanks mamma and daddy." I said. And from Lee he got me a wrist watch. It was a nice expensive one. "Thank you Lee and kids." I said smiling.

We all talked and the kids played with the trucks and little pet shops that mamma and daddy got them. "It's been a rough year." Mamma started. "We are just waiting for a sign to a reason why."

"It's a lot different that's for sure." I said.

"A lot." Pa added. I glanced up at him. Those were some of the first words I heard him say tonight. He was kinda a hard ass in ways. But a real nice guy. He was taking the loss of the two kids the hardest I'd say.

We sat is silence for quite awhile until Jordan broke the silence. "Daddy, when are we heading home?"

"Shortly Jordan." Lee replied back.

Jordan ran off and started playing again. "Those are some magnificent kids." Mamma said.

"Thank you LeClaire." Lee thanked. And mamma just nodded.

We sat around the table talking. We talked about a lot. "Well I suppose it is 11:00
I should take the little rascals home." Lee stood up. "Thank y'all for everything." He walked to the den "kiddos give grandma and grandpa a hug and uncle Luke. Say thank yous."

The kids did so. "Tilden come here." I said. "Fishin tomorrow?" I smiled. His face lit up and a smiled scraped on his face.

"Yes." He said.

"If I come get him in the morning will that be alright?" I asked Lee.

"Yeah that'd be fine around 9-10." Lee said.

"See ya then Kiddo." I smiled. "Love you guys."

They left.

Such a beautiful but broken family I thought to myself. God took a special one.

***
I woke up at 8 and loaded the Jon boat then drove over to Lees.

"You ready little boy?" I asked. He nodded. He was wearing his neck bandana I bought him and hand his little tackle box and sighing pole right by the door. "Alright, let's go."

I helped him in the truck and buckled him in his car seat. "Can you turn on Luke Bryan?" He squeaked.

I laughed. "Did you know that I am the singer Luke Bryan?"

"Duhhh Uncle Luke!" He giggles kicking his feet.

We pulled up to the lake landing where I figured we'd go fishing. I put on Til's life jacket and got him in the boat. "You know the rules. Stay sitting no leaning over the edge. Just stay in the middle." He nodded.

We got in the boat and trolled off. We got to the best bass catching spot for littler ones. I helped Til cast out. "Member, reel in slow." I was helping him and then he had one on. He reeled in and landed the small little bass. "Hey, thatta way!" I said. I un hooked it.

"Can I hold it?" He asked. I told him where to hold it and to take a picture.

We fished around then went for a small boat ride. It was a fun uncle nephew time. We loaded the boat back up and then headed back to Lees house. I dropped off Til then headed back home to mamas.