Chapter 15

I couldn't help it but he made me smile when he said those words..

I had watched then both sit down in the lobby chairs next to the kids play section ad I signed myself in and asked for my parents. The front desk lady nodded her head and gave me the room number with a small frown. She must've been tired of people already...

I smiled at her and tried finding the room ad quickly as possible, asking a couple doctors before finally finding it. Right as I walked up to my eomma's room, I saw a doctor coming out with a folder in his arms and his mask dangling around his neck. He had a small frown and he looked up at me.

"I'm here to see my eomma" I said as I bowed to him, glancing over at the room.

His stare made me feel a bit uncomfortable, making me worried about the silence between us. He didn't talk until a couple seconds later, "Are you Jo Ba-ha?"

I nodded my head.

"Are you here alone?" I slowly shook my head, making him let out a small sigh. "Lead me to the others, please." I did ad he told and led him to Joseph and Taehyung. Taehyung stood up and watched me before his eyes trailed up to the doctor.

"This is my brother, Joseph," I pointed at Joseph ad he was distracted with toys. "And this is-" I was cut off by Tae interrupting me.

"Her boyfriend" He smiled at me before looking back at the doctor.

"Ah, okay. Well, Jo Ba-ha..." He started as I walked over to Tae, standing next to him as he talked.

"Your eomma had a complicated surgery... The vehicle that hit them made the windshield shatter, puncturing her skin everywhere. She had hit her head against the window on the side of her head, causing her to crack her skull. Part of the skull bone punctured her brain.."

I was already at a loss for words as I slowly nodded my head, taking in all of the information.

"..A certain piece of glass had shot out of the windshield and had punctured her heart, making her heart bleed out once we took the glass out. We didn't have enough time to save her after the flatline... I tried bringing her back until two minutes had passed when they told me to stop and pronounce her dead. I'm sorry for your loss." He bowed to us and walked away around the corner, leaving me shocked, broken, and crying.

I immediately burst out crying, wrapping my arms around Tae and burying my face in his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my body and stepped backwards, sitting in one of the chairs and setting me in his lap as he cradled me a bit.

How am I supposed to tell Joseph that our eomma is dead? That's traumatizing as a little kid..

After a while, I heard people whispering about the police. I turned my head and looked at the front doors as the police came in and walked around the corner out of sight. I looked up at Tae and he shrugged before nodding his head back in the direction they went a few minutes later. They had my dad in handcuffs, escorting him out of the hospital.

What?

My dad? Getting arrested? For what?

I quickly jumped up and ran to the police, catching the attention of one.

"Yah! Where are you taking my dad? He didn't do anything wrong!" I watched him be pushed inside the back of one of the squad cars.

"You must be his daughter.. He's being charged with abuse cases against his wife, your eomma. Did you know about this?" She said, looking at me with seriousness like she dealt with this everyday.

"W-What? No, I never even heard about it-"

"There were numerous bruises and cuts all over her body. Not caused by the surgery or the crash. He admitted to it too. I'm sorry you have to hear about it from us..." She smiled apologetically before rubbing my arm a bit and walking to the car, driving off.

I stood there, in shock. No wonder she always wore long sleeved shirts. She hasn't been wearing tank tops or shorts in a really long time.. The last time we all went swimming as a family was a couple years ago...

I walked back over to Taehyung, shaking my head as I whisper-yelled to him. "He abused eomma..."

This made him gasp and quickly stand up, grabbing both of my hands and hugging me tightly.

"Stay with me tonight. I'll let you grab your stuff. I have a couple spare bedrooms in my house so you and Joseph can sleep." I nodded my head before rubbing my eyes against his shirt and sniffling.

His shirt must be soaking wet with my tears...

《》《》《》《》《》

When we got to Taehyung's house, he ushered Joseph to his room and me to mine. I set my stuff next to the bed with a sigh, my eyes puffy and red from crying so much.

"Jo..." Taehyung whispered, catching my attention. "Are you sure you want to sleep alone? You can come sleep with me if you sent or I can come in here"

I shrugged slightly and pointed to my door.

"...I'll sleep with you in your room." I could only whisper, my throat hurt from crying and trying to hold it in. I could barely even keep my eyes open.

It was only eight at night and I was exhausted.

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand after I grabbed my pajamas. He guided me to his room and made me sit down on his bed. He walked out and closed the door behind him.

"Change into your pajamas, I'll wait out here"

I quickly changed into my pajama shorts with a tank top and let out a small groan for him to come back inside. My dirty pants and shirt in and small pile along with my socks.

I rubbed my eyes as he walked by inside.

He pulled his shirt over his head right as I removed my hands from my eyes and started at his body.

He acted oblivious to my stare as he walked over to his dresser and pulled out some sweats, walking into the bathroom and changing before walking back out and sitting next to me with a tank top on.

Tae pushed me onto my back and pulled me to a pillow, pulling a blanket over my body after turning off the light.

I stayed silent as he laid down next to me, playing with my hair a bit. "I'm sorry" He mumbled, feeling his gaze on me.

I didn't speak. I had nothing to say about anything and I was hurt.

After a couple moments, I glanced over at him and smiled a fake smile at him, my tear stains visible.

"Goodnight Tae, I'll see you in the morning." I whispered before kissing his cheek and turning over. "Thank you for staying here through everything..."

"Don't mention it. Like I said earlier, I'd do anything for you.."

This made me smile as I closed my eyes, quickly falling asleep.