Chapter 19!

"....5.......4......3......2.....1. Ready or not here I come!" Lexie whispered to herself in the empty corridor, seeking out her father. She figured that making finding him in the castle would be better spent as being made into a game. She was also hoping to find someone else on the way. Walking faster, Lexie held out her hand and touched the wall while she walked, just letting her finger trail along the wall, and dodging the oddly placed portraits. She was being whispered about through the frames of the always present magically painted portrait. 

To drown out the annoying and dissaproving whispers, she started humming her favorite muggle songs. It actually helped Lexie relax and she let her shoulders drop from thier stiff posture. There were a few doors coming up and Lexie ducked her head into all of them to check if Henry happened to be there. By now, Lexie was wondering if he would just be in his room instead of these random rooms she was looking into. It was something to pass her time though, so Lexie kept looking and didn't stop until she was tired of seeing empty rooms. Taking a deep breath, Lexie made her way to the opposite side of the castle to Henry's room. 

Lexie heard footsteps following her in the distance, but she paid them little attention, knowing that if push came to shove that she could carry her own in any fight that could come her way. Thinking about that made a peculiar feeling of unease wash over her. When Lexie finally got out of her head, there were no longer any footsteps. Lexie ceased all of her movements and stood for a solid two minutes before she deemed it safe to venture to Henry's room again. Of course, as soon as she began walking, the footsteps started too. 

It was then that she started to run. Lexie figured that they would at least have to catch her before they could do any serious harm to her body or mind. She had a few tricks up her sleves as well. Lexie may have looked like she couldn't hold herself up right in a fight, but foster care had prepared her well for the violence in the real world. 

Lexie's palm encased the cold doorknob of Henry's room when the footsteps finally finished chasing her. When she looked around once more, instead of seeing nothing she saw a shadow at the end of the hallway. She squinted and realized that the shadow was the figure of a person. Lexie put two and two together and realized that it was the person who was chasing her through the halls. 

It was a unsettling funny feeling in the pit of her stomach- almost like the butterflies that flutter around in the same place started to fly into her chest. She vaguely recognized the figure before it dissapeared from her sight. If she didn't know that magic existed Lexie would have said it was like magic- one second the figure was there and the next it was completely vanished. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story will never be completed. 14 year old me thanks you for reading it up until now though!