Chapter Seventeen

Hello everyone! It has been a long time, and I can not say for a fact that I am coming out of my hiatus. I am working on getting through all of my problems, and I need to work on myslelf before I can work on my stories. 

Without further delay: Here is chapter seventeen~ 

XXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Seventeen:

 Henry and Lexie walked through Diagon Alley looking at the stores and stopped for lunch before returning to Hogwarts. Lexie realized that this was the first time where she was able to be fully happy, being with Henry and having Harry with her. Finding out she was a witch was the best thing that ever happened to her.

Henry apparated Lexie and himself outside of Hogwarts gates, near Hogsmead, and they made their way into the school. There were a few hours until lunch, so students were scattered everywhere. Usually in groups and in some cases alone reading or watching the clouds. Lexie could see the quiddich teams practicing in the distance.

A few people waved to her and shouted a "Happy Birthday!" in her direction every so often. It was a strange sensation, all of the attention, but it wasn't unwelcome. Smiling to herself, Lexie walked behind Henry until they got into the school.

Henry looked back at Lexie with a crooked smile; he couldn't believe how old she was getting. It seemed like only yesterday when he called Dumbledore in the hospital.

 He jerked his head, telling her to walk faster and next to him. Lexie exhaled, picked up her pace, and nudged Henry's arm when she was beside him. 

Henry rolled his eyes at his daughter's action, "Silly girl, what was that for?"

 "I felt like it, therefor I did it.  It’s simple really." Lexie replied lightheartedly, nudging him again softly. "It is in fact my birthday, so it's my birthday nudge to you."

 "You are still my little girl. No matter how old you are and no matter how many birthdays you have." Henry told her quietly.

Lexie felt the tears well up in her eyes, and she quickly wiped them away. Henry’s words would be forever engraved in her heart. Lexie was glad that she was someone’s little girl, that she had someone around her that cared for her as much as Henry does.  Lexie knew that she was one of the lucky ones, especially from being in the foster system. A lot of people don’t get to have someone that cares as much as Henry does.

Taking a deep breath, Lexie smiled and grabbed his hand, squeezing his hand three times. The meaning behind it clear to Henry, I love you.

Henry squeezed back, but four times. I love you more.

Lexie laughed, she felt so lucky to be at Hogwarts with Harry, Henry, and the Snake. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was around the time of dinner when Lexie made her way to the Gryffindor common room, to find Harry and Hermione and walk with them to dinner. 

Having heard Harry say the password, she whispered it to the portrait and it opened. There were a handful of Gryffindors sitting and chatting, and Lexie could see Hermione reading, Hogwarts: A History, by the fireplace. 

 She went over to Hermione and sat down quietly across from her, facing the burning fire and getting lost in thoughts. Lexie watched as the fire crackled, but never fully burned the logs that seemed to be holding it up. The fire changed from orange, red, and yellow, to a full scale of colors such as purple, pink, and even a slight shade of light blue. It was relaxing there, warm and quiet. 

A hand gently touched her shoulder and shook her from her quiet world. Lexie looke up at the intruder, and found Harry smiling down at her. 

"Hey." Harry said while holding a hand out for her. 

"Hi." She replied while letting Harry help her up. "Is is time for dinner yet?" 

Harry nodded and started to walk towards the door where Ron was standing and bickering at Hermione, Lexie guessed that it was about Hermione's reading habits. She smirked at the two and wondered what the best way to push the two of them together would be. Maybe locking them in the broom closet would be the effective way, but that could go two separate ways. They could either talk through everything, or they would bicker the whole time. 

Lexie scrunched her nose up, that might work against her. 

"Are you coming Lexie? Or are you going to stand there all night?" 

"Coming!" Lexie called out and ran towards them. 

Lexie wouldn't admit it out loud, but she was excited to see Draco. She missed his stormy eyes. 

Those thoughts consumed her all the way there. 

___________________________________________________________

Short I know, but it's all I could manage right now. 

I'll write another chapter when I can. Sorry! 

-Sam.