Chapter 3 Still Oliver's POV

I decided to lower it to 15 since it doesn't come as fast anymore. Thank you so much for that much reads so far!!! 

5 years later

I never forgot my conversation with Laurel. But there was and always will be one part that I tuned out. I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling fan. I estimated that it was about an hour or two until sunrise. 5 hours ago I had taken 45 million dollars from Adam Hunt and distributed it across Starling City's poor. My mind drifted to almost every unresolved subject in my head. I solved each one with a basic process called procrastination. I stopped at one in particular. The conversation with Laurel.

6 hours ago

"This place doesn't seem like the place you would hangout." I screamed over the music at Laurel.    

 "Thought I'd drop by." She yelled at me.                                                                                                                  

"Wanna go somewhere more quiet?" I asked hesitatingly. "Not in that way.'' I quickly added. She nodded. I grabbed her hand and lead her onto the top floor where the floor circled around the dance floor. Before I said you should stay away from me I had asked: "Where's Jodie?"                                        

"She doesn't want to see you?"                                                                                                                        

"So i'm not allowed to see me own sister?" Laurel nodded. I repeated my question. Laurel hesitated. "She's back at Harvard getting her degree. Harvard was happy for her to come back. You're not going to see her for a year. You failed her." I tilted my head confused.                                    

"What do you mean? I didn't fail her...?" She shook her head disapprovingly.

"But you did Ollie... You never noticed did you? She loves you... she always has... she came here right away and we both cried and confessed our feelings." I felt my heart being ripped out. "No... she..." And then it hit me. When I was going to Prom, she had dressed expecting me to take her, but I didn't I took some slut. Then there was my first date with Laurel. She had ranted to me about how it was a big mistake and there was 'someone' out there for me. I always had failed to realize. My heart and been shredded now that I realized what I had done to Jodie. I put her threw so much pain and misery, I hit my head with the railing and began to wheeze. Laurel put her hand on my bicep. The wheezing had calmed down, she had calmed me down. I stood up,stopping the wheezing, I knew what I had to do although I love Laurel. "You should stay away from me. You say that island changed me but it didn't. Stay away or I am going to hurt you again." I walked away as she said: "I know that island changed you!" I didn't bother with the rest of the memory it was pointless. I got up and stared out the window. I soon fell asleep with the window wide open as the sunrise glared into the room.

This was the longest thing I've ever written! My fingers do not hurt so that's good. 20 reads for next one. May the odds be ever in my favor!!!