Part 28

Mandy picked up Ana's phone and put her on speaker, so that Neha could also listen on their conversation.

"Thank God Ana, you are safe. You don't know how worried we were about you. I am really sorry about what happened. How is prince doing?" Mandy and Neha spoke at the same time.

"Mandy, I have to say sorry, for leaving everything and running away. I was worried about prince. I am also really sorry, that because of me Rahul's marriage got cancelled." Ana added the last statement to check Mandy's and Neha's reaction.

"No, it turned out to be a good thing. We are kind of happy that Ria is out of Rahul's life. She is very manipulative and cunning lady." Neha replied.

"I know, but am not sure how Rahul feels about it and is probably angry with me for meddling with his personal life."

"Not at all Ana. Give Rahul a chance to understand you better. He is not angry with you. He is angry at himself for prince getting into trouble with Ria. He really likes you and hopefully both of you can work out your differences and be friends. Also I  am bit worried about him, so keep an eye on him and make sure he is ok." Mandy spoke choosing her words carefully.

"Thanks Mandy, don't worry about Rahul. I will take care of him. Take care of Neha and your health."

"Ana, I am going to be here with Neha for few more weeks. Also look into the files that have been piling up, since you left. Take care honey and don't hesitate to call me in case of any issue, even if it is Rahul. Also call me and update regularly. Bye now." Mandy kept the call brief to keep Ana from knowing their emotional status. Mandy wanted to get back with prince as soon as possible. She was finding it difficult to stay calm after knowing the truth.

Ana didn't get much from Mandy, other than, that Mandy wasn't aware of the Rahul's blackmail. She was on her own, in her battle with Rahul. She made a determination to stay alert and not give in to any of Rahul's demands, until she figures out the real truth behind the contract.

Ana went back to her room to take a small nap. When she woke up, she realized it was almost evening and prince didn’t return to her. He was still with Rahul. She immediately went towards Rahul's room wondering 'what one of the busiest billionaire CEO' was doing with a two and half year old kid, since morning.

She knocked on his door, waited a few seconds and then entered his bedroom. She was surprised looking at the scene in front of her.

Rahul and prince were sitting on the bed, side by side, with their backs against the bed board and legs sprawled in front. Rahul had his laptop in his lap and was working, prince sat with a iPad and was watching cartoons. Both looked busy and alike.

Both lifted their heads and looked at her at the same time and Ana looked confused unable to decide whom to look at, so she kept on switching between them.

"Mommy!" Prince shouted, breaking the silence in the room.

"Mr Shah, thanks for taking care of prince. I am sorry, if he caused any trouble to you. You should have sent him to my room. I know you are very busy."

"First thing Ana, starting now, you will be calling me, by my name 'Rahul' , not Mr Shah. It's an order. Ok?"

"Ok..ay" Ana replied taking time to digest the command.

"Second, prince and I, had a good time, so no worries, you can leave him with me anytime. Also, we did come to your room, but you were sleeping, so we came back to my room and he has been a very good boy." Rahul said, looking at prince and raising one of his eyebrows.

"Oh! I am so sorry Mr Shah ...."

"Its Rahul" he corrected her.

"Hmm .." She didn't expect him to be nice to her. He not only let her nap, but also took care of her son.