2: the english project

/) ^ o ^ (\

_____________________________

Today was certainly not her day. First she got out of bed late and only had 15 minutes to get ready, second she forgot her lunch (in which she would go back for since she lives right beside the school) and third, she tried to ask someone for help and ran into said persons' locker door, and worst of all, that person was the it boy of the school.

Could things get any better? Marinette Dupain-Cheng doubted so.

Her little black flats clicked on the vinyl tile, rushing to find her class, English. Yikes. She really should have looked on her timetable for the room number, but she had it scrunched in her binder which resided in her pink handmade backpack.

She was not happy that she was the newbie at DuPont High. Her parents had moved all the way from China back to her Dad's home town, which happened to be Paris.

Unfortunately, moving from her school back in Hong Kong meant she was going to start her last year of high school without any of her friends from back home, one of them being her life long bestie Tikki Long.

Besides her homesickness, she also had a huge bump on her forehead, and being pale did not help having the red mark be anything other than obvious.

So overall, Marinette was sure of a crappy first day.

After stopping, opening her backpack and looking at her crumpled timetable, she finally dashed to the classroom of 168. She was ever so late...

Approaching the door, she breathes heavily.

"Sorry I'm late!"

Marinette barged into the room, gasping and panting as all eyes were on her.

A raging blush crept onto her cheeks, looking at the eyes of everyone looking at her.

"Oh great. They can see my head-" she thought, shaking in fear.

She sees a pair of eyes that look friendly enough to sit by, and she goes to quickly take her seat.

However, before she had done so, the teacher calls to her.

"Oh? Are you the new student Mr. Damocles was talking about?"  Marinette shyly nods, pushing her pigtail behind her head. "Well, would you like to introduce yourself, my dear?"

"I've already introduced myself as the biggest laughing stock at this school..." She thought, but gave a strong smile.

Her black flats trudged across the floor, making her way to the centre of the room. Marinette cleared her throat and put her head up.

"Hello, my name is Marinette, and I just transferred here from China. It's very nice to meet you all." She bit her lip, looking around at the array of students.

It wasn't until the teacher started talking that she saw a familiar pair of green orbs lock with hers.

It was the pretty boy.

She sent daggers with her eyes as the teacher told her to sit down beside a girl with auburn hair and black rimmed glasses.

Just great. First she gets into a problem with him, now she has to spend the whole first semester with him. FANTASTIC.

The lovely teacher who went by the name of Ms. Bustier announced some school activities happening over the first semester, including something that caught her attention much more than the school decathlon.

The School's Fall Formal.

It was a whole month from now, to be hosted at a girls' house. The girl went by the name of Lillian Rossi.