9: the outer circle

0____0

_______________

Marinette's eyes looked at the almost indescribable room number, sighing big.

Room 108 looked like the entrance to a run down prison, the door almost breaking at the hinges and the teal paint more worn out than Marinette's favourite jeans. She was scared to even look at it, let alone find out what was in there.

Sighing and looking at the note again, she read every single word in her mind on repeat.

Whoever this guy was, she had to find out. Marinette didn't care about what he had to offer her, she just wanted an excuse to see his face again.

No lie, this girl was smitten for the blue/black haired guitarist. It was as if for a split second after all of this torture she had been through he had been her guardian angel who gave her a chance to breathe in this world.

So she had nothing to lose by finding out what lied between her and this door.

Hesitantly, Marinette pushed the door open to reveal a bit of cleanliness and a group of people sitting in different positions at the end of the room. It smelt better inside, like a warm summers' day. This wasn't so bad.

She spotted a couple of kids from her English class, Rosalyn and Juleka canoodling in a desk together. but three other faces she didn't recognize at all.

One was a boy dressed in a black t-shirt and navy jeans with ginger hair. He had one ocean blue eye within her vision as he drew in his sketch book, hair draped over half of his face. His friend beside him had raven hair and a bright red hoodie. He smiled big at what seemed to be his friends' art, causing Ginger Boy to blush. Marinette giggled. that was cute.

The third person was most definitely a girl, but she was facing backwards. She had her hair up in a picture perfect ponytail, and from what she could see, the girl was wearing a beautiful flower print dress.

"Hey, I think that's the new girl." Red Hoodie spoke, looking up towards the blackboard. "Right, Luke?"

All eyes were suddenly on her, but only one pair of teal hues caught her eye.

The guitar boy.

His eyes looked straight into hers, a smile quickly growing on his face. "That's her."

Marinette pulls out the least awkward smile she can. Her knees were close to buckling for sure, but she kept her composure.

"Snap out of it, Marinette!" Her brain voice tells her, before shes' waved at by Luke.

"Come sit, blue eyes." He says.  She's almost too stuck in her own head to process the fact that she's already walking towards them. "I want to introduce you to some people."

Next thing she knows, she's sitting in the empty desk in the middle of the room with the group surrounding her. She had no idea what she was getting herself into, but she knew whatever it was, it was a sign. A sign of some kind of hope out of her miserable life.

Luke gets everyone to sit down instead of crowding her before his deep voice rings in the silence of the room.

"So, Marinette." He starts, twirling a piece of snow white chalk in between his fingers. "You might be wondering why you're here."