4: i strike first in love, and in war

/) -__________- ''' (\

______________________________

Splish Splash.

That was the sound of Adrien's ever so attractive sounding mop gliding across the cafeteria floor while everyone around the area was trying to offer to do it for him.

That was something he never really enjoyed about being popular. He could do things himself just fine...

Marinette could have done things just fine...

Man, did he ever screw up. He really was just trying to be nice to her after all the things he had done, but his words and his actions made her want to beat him with a sledgehammer.

He wiped up the last of the mess and thanked the lunch lady, who instead thanked him because she didn't do anything.

Adrien then stood there debating if he should go apologize, or go eat with his crew outside.

"I hope she's not too mad..." He thought. But who was he kidding, he made probably what was the biggest stupid there ever was. She was actually really nice, kind of sassy, and a little shy.

He really could have made friends with her if he wasn't so unlucky.

Sigh.

Just then the whole cafeteria goes silent again as he turns around to see a good angel standing in front of him, and a couple of male paparazzi plus Aurore and Mirelle. She strode up in a cute jean vest with a burgundy skin tight dress, black belt with gold buckle and strappy black heels. To top it off, her hair was in a sleek brown ombré ponytail with two pieces of hair in the front to shape her already model perfect face. She then cleared her throat and silenced the whole cafeteria.

"DuPont High, your princess is home!" His angel spoke.

That angel got a huge round of applause and a cheeky grin from Adrien.

She was home.

Lila was home.

Lila sent hand gestures towards Mirelle and Aurore to leave her presence and possibly to buy her lunch and a table. She strode to Adrien, all smiles and giggles.

He held his mop and had a wide grin as he saw his girlfriend walk up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek, which made tons of AdriLila fanatics go insane. Yes, they had a ship name. Yes, they had a fan club. But who could blame them? They were the hottest couple in school and plus, Lila was the sweetest and cutest girl he's ever met.

"Miss me, Adrien?" She asked, wrapping her arms around him in a soft hug. He hugged her back smelling the warm scent of bread and lavender.

"Just a little bit." He chuckles.

She was soon repelled by his hug as she smelt the stench of ice tea and chili. "Oh my god, what happened? Why are you a mess?"

He gives a lopsided grin. "Small accident. I bumped into someone and then into my new friend and spilt Chili on her, it must have been my cleaning job that made me smell."

She pushed him away lightly and plugged her nose. "Well, I'm sure you've come with extra clothes, And where's your new little friend? Is she apart of us now?"

Adrien sighs and places his mop back in the bucket of murky water. "Her name is Marinette and-" he stops and looks a little sad. "I don't know if she ever wants to talk to me ever again."