Prologue

I felt the warm Brazilian sun bathing my skin as I laid on the beach, the rest of the guys were in the water with their girlfriends, this was unbelievable, we were supposed to be relaxing, having some time for ourselves,, be together as a band, and here I am on my own in Rio, I sighed as I saw Niall and  Gheniv kissing in the water, Ugh, I officially hated them. I couldn't stand watching them. I stood up and decided to go for a walk. It was a good thing that not a lot of people knew as here. I don't think I could deal with mobbing fans at that moment. I just needed to be alone, but it seemed impossible in this place, it's crowded. I scanned the crowd, lots of hot girls running around in their bikinis, the smell of sun cream filled the air, along with the sound of the waves. I guess it should feel like heaven, but I felt like something was missing, I didn't know what it was a girl? That was impossible, I didn't want a girlfriend, right? It was probably that I was sick of seeing the boys with their girls.

I kept walking down the beach, when something fell in front of me, I picked it up, a lighter. I looked up and saw a girl sat on top of a wall. Smoking. Relaxed. Looking to the horizon. As if she was trying to spot something there.

I walked up the stairs, to return her lighter.

I walked to where she was, she was different from the other girls in this beach, she was fully clothed, and thick dark make up covered her eyes.

“What do you want?”

She said, not even bothering in looking at me.

“I- I think that this is yours?”

She looked at my hand, and grabbed the lighter, putting it in her pocket.

I stood there, unable to move, it felt as if she had some kind of spell on me.

“Anything else?” She said

I couldn't help but notice that she hadn't looked at me since I got there.

“Ermm...”

she looked at me, her face unreadable, her brown eyes were empty. Somehow I felt as if she needed help, my help.

“nothing, I just, ermm.”

“Yes?”

“I'm Zayn.”

“So?”

“nothing, I just thought that, as you were alone...”

“You thought that I needed to be with someone?”

“Kinda...”

“Well Zayn, I don't. Now if you don't mind, I'm going home.”

She stood up and started to walk away.

“Wait!”

she turned around

“ermm, bye, it was nice meeting you.”

She turned around and kept walking away. I still felt like she needed, there was something about that Brazilian stranger whose name I still didn't know, and I had make it my mission to find out what was so special about her and what did those empty eyes hide underneath.