Chapter 4

“Zayn! Are you ready?” I heard Niall calling me

I walked to the living room where everyone was waiting for me.

“where's your date?” Harry asked me

“We are meeting there.”

When we got to the party I decided to look for Victoria, I made my way through the drunk couples dancing and saw her, sitting on a red couch by herself, wearing some black shorts and a T-shirt, a glass on one hand, a cigarette in the other. I walked toward her.

“Hey” I said

She looked at me.

“How are you?” I asked.

“good.” she said, and with that she stood up, I saw how she walked away from me to grab something else to drink, I didn't know why she hated me, maybe I should just stop caring? But how was I going to do that?

I went to the dance floor, to try to get my mind off things, off her, but every time I danced with a girl, I imagined it was her, I felt the alcohol intoxicating my body, swaying my hips to the beat wondering what it'd be like to feel her hips on my hips, her hands on my hands, her lips on my lips.

I went to grab another drink, and I saw her, laying on a couch, almost passed out, but I knew she couldn't be that drunk, I'd seen her drinking a whole bottle of vodka by herself before, had she taken something? I scanned the room, a boy had also noticed her and was walking towards her, I saw him sitting down, and whispered things into her ear, while he caressed her thighs, but she wouldn't move, his hand started to make circles around her thighs, and I couldn't help but feel sick when his hand approached her crotch, how could she be letting him do that? That was so not her.

I decided that it was too much, I walked up to them and before I knew what I was doing my fist had collapsed with his face, it all happened so fast, I couldn't think straight, I kept punching and kicking until someone grabbed me and took me to a separate room.

“I have to go, I have to help her!” I yelled

“Zayn!”

“I have to go!

“Listen man!”

But I didn't listen, I tried to get out, to find her, but they wouldn't let me, suddenly someone slapped me. And I looked around to see the boys surrounding me.

“Zayn, man, she's fine”

“but...”

“They've taken her home so she can rest, someone drugged her”

I sat there looking at nothing, I didn't know what to do, who could do something like that? Drugging someone? For what? Having sex? With Victoria? I was sure of one thing though, that wasn't going to happen again, I was going to be there for here, to make sure that no one ever hurt her.

I woke up with a huge hungover, but I couldn't stay in bed, I needed to see her.

I walked to her house and knocked on the door, but no one opened.

“Victoria?”

Still nothing, was she mad at me?

I pushed the door and it opened, I walked in

“Hello?”

No one answered

“Victoria?”

I walked in the kitchen, and there she was, lying unconscious on the floor.