Chapter 3

I walked into the house, the smell of weed filled my nostrils. I looked around, it was a small house, and it was unbelievable dirty, she walked me into the kitchen a pile of plates on the kitchen sink, waiting for someone to clean them.

“Wanna have breakfast?” she asked

“umm, eh sure”

She walked over to the cabinet and took two plates, she placed them on the table, and then she went to made toasts.

“Need help?” I sat at the table, it was filled of dirty dishes, glasses, and lots of pizza boxes and Chinese take away boxes. I looked at her.

“No thanks.”

“ok.” I said, it was all so awkward, first she wouldn't even look me in the eyes, then she invited me in, was she bipolar or something? On thing I was sure of was that she was a total mess, her life had fallen apart at some point of last year, and she didn't want help, I knew I had to help,I had to think something to say.

“so... how old are you?” Seriously? Wasn't there a most stupid question?

“Seventeen.” Really? She looked older, much older, with all that make up, her attitude, everything.

“cool, I'm nineteen.” Cool? Really?

“I never asked.” She was back to cold. Maybe it was just the way she was. or... I didn't know what to think. I looked around again, this place was so messy.

“Are you here on your own?”

“Yes.”

I really wanted to make her talk more, but I didn't know what to say, she couldn't hate me right? I mean, after all she asked me to come in, you don't ask to people you hate to come in.

“and your parents?”

She glared at me. Crap. Her friend had said that something may had happened to her so that she changed. Maybe it was that? Was that the reason she had changed? Had her parents divorced? Had they die? Oh, she wasn't going to talk to me again if that was it.

“They're at home.”

I sighed, so... they were fine.

“Listen, about this party... you don't need to come if you don't want to...” she placed the toasts on the table “It's just that... I don't know anyone, and I thought that--”

“You thought that you knew me?” She said angrily.

“No, it's not that!” I knew I didn't know her, that's why I was doing all of this, because I wanted to get to know her, I wanted her to trust me, to open up and tell me what was wrong.

“Good, 'cause you don't know me. No one knows me.” Her voice when she said the last sentence was almost a whisper, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

“You could have invited Silje, you know her.”

“But I didn't wanted to go with her.”

“why?”

“Because I wanted to go with you.”

She looked me in the eyes. For some reason they didn't seem that empty any more, they had a sparkle in them, as if she had just come back to life.

“You have to know that I don't do boyfriends, this is not a date, I'm just going to a party that you happen to be going too, that's it.”

Did that mean that...?

“So...?”

“I'm going.”