Someone who cared

Lunch time came and everyone went out except me. I stared at the window, floating down my imagination land. Wtf am I suppose to do with him? This is irritating. I snapped back to reality when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked at the person who did it. Chanyeol. I looked at him and asked.

"What do you want?"

He replied with a smiled.

"Its lunch time. I was wondering if I can eat lunch with you."

I replied.

"I don't have lunch. I'm not eating lunch but I can go with you."

He then told me.

"I can buy you lunch."

"No thanks. I'm fine with just water."

He looked at me worriedly and we went to the canteen. As we arrived, there were no more vacant seat. I looked everywhere for a vacant one, but no luck. I remembered there is a place I always go whenever I'm sad or angry. I like to spend most my time in there. No one even bother go that place. I tug Chanyeol who was still searching for a table as he looked left and right. I told him.

"I know a place where we can eat. Follow me."

He nodded and we walked side by side until we reached the place. It is located at the very back of the school where no one even bothers to go. There was a boundary so we have to walked over it. He asked.

"Are we even allowed at this place?"

I smiled slightly and replied.

"I am allowed so yeah. Plus, no one even bothers to go to this place- we're here."

He looked forward and his eyes sparkled in amusement. The school was in a hill so the view from that place is very nice. We can see the whole city and some rivers beside it. He smiled as I walked a step forward and sat down. He sat down beside me and unpacked his lunch. I told him.

"This is where I usualy spend my time when ever I'm moody. This place always calms me down..."

He was still smiling when I looked at him. I said.

"You better eat your lunch now. We only have 50 minutes for lunch."

He nodded his head and started eating. I was calmed down by the view until he tapped my shoulder again. I looked at him and he said.

"I'm done eating!"

My eyes widened in surprised and looked at my watch. 3 minutes only have passed and he is done? I sighed and pat his shoulder as I said, slightly smiling.

"Heh, good for you. Your lucky you got to eat lunch everyday of your life."

He tilt his head to his side.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

I turn my head back to the view that was very calming. The place was covered by sakura trees that made the view even prettier. We stared at the view for about 10 minutes without a word until he asked.

"Why do even wear that mask? Can you at least tell me?"

I chuckled.

"I don't think so. I don't trust you yet."

I looked down to my hands and whispered.

"Maybe you are like the others..."

"What?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing."

He smiled warmly and said.

"Its ok if you won't tell me. I won't force you to."

His kind words made me smile and even flattered my heart. I snapped out of it and looked back at the view. He pat my head as I put my hand at my back so that I can lean back. I looked at him and asked.

"What the heck was that for?"

He just smiled warmly that made my heart flattered once more. Maybe he is different from the others. No one ever smiled at me like that. I smiled, chuckled even while I hold the bottom part of my mask and said.

"Since you really want to know, here."

I took off my mask and looked at him. I had a serious face while I asked.

"Ugly, right?"

My scars are seen and my hair brushed down my forehead as the wind blows. I keep on talking.

"My face, my scars, they're ugly right? Heh, I know. You would say your horri-"

He cut me off with the words,

"You are beautiful."

My eyes widened in shock. I refused.

"N-no. You are just lying to make me feel good about myself, aren't you?"

He continued.

"No, I'm not lying. I am saying the truth. Even though you have scars, you are still beautiful. Why are you hiding that beautiful face of yours? Those scars looks cool on you!"

He gave me a smile and a thumbs up. My eyes are still widened in shock as I look at him and his smilling face. I said while trying to calm my emotions.

"N-no one ever said that to m-me. Y-you are the first one to s-say that to me, not e-even my family..."

I said softly as tears formed in my eyes and was about to fall.

"Thank you..."

He looked at me then smiled warmly as he reached his hands for my cheeks. He wiped my tears away and I looked at him, eyes widened. Why is he like this to me? Why are you being so nice to me while nobody will? Why? Why...?

I lowered my head and cover it with my hands as I let myself cry some more. He said.

"Its ok. You can let it all out."

Then suddenly, he hugged me. I didn't care at all because I was crying. He then continue.

"I'm always here for you. Remember, we are friends and friends always stick together."

His soft and warm words made me feel like I was cared and loved. He is different from the rest. He mean what he said, he didn't hesitate to hug me at all, his words are so caring. It seems like he really cared about me. I'm happy with that...

To be continued...