Chapter 12//: Lessons and spying

This chapter is dedicated to Dvddyd33 thank you for voting on my chapters and being a reader of my book from the start :)

[E D I T E D]

♕✿~♕✿~Chapter 12//: Lessons and spying♕✿~♕✿~

The next morning on Wednesday, all of the girls are standing in a small room resembling a classroom. When I had arrived to the room dressed in a knee-length brown dress, I had seen all the girls standing in little groups, conversing with each other.

I walk over to Rose, who's talking to another Chosen girl. Her name is Addaline Richards, and she's one of the Reds in this competition. Her bright brown eyes look animated as she talks with Rose, and her black hair is glossy. The pretty white dress she's wearing pops on her dark skin.

Looking at all the other Reds, I feel a bit childish in my mundane dress compared to their polished dresses that seem to fit them perfectly.

Rose smiles at me as she sees me, and I smile back. Addaline turns to look at me too, and I'm surprised at the warm smile she shoots me. I was worried everyone would be so into the competition that they wouldn't be nice to others or try to be friends, but Addaline looked ready to welcome anyone.

"Hey, Madison! This is Addaline Richards. She was a Five," Rose tells me. I put out my hand and Addaline takes it, shaking my hand.

"Its nice to formally meet you, Addaline," I tell her. She lets out a little laugh. "I'm just glad I can talk to you. I can't wait for you race with His Highness after Lessons!" Addaline says excitedly. Rose squeals.

"Yes! Madison, I hope you're prepared to kick some royal butt, because you better beat him in this race," Rose says threateningly. Addaline and I laugh at her way of speaking.

"Well, I haven't exactly ran for exercise in years," I admit, embarrassed.

"What?" Addaline and Rose exclaim. A few girls look our way with expressions of annoyance.

"I mean, if you count running to houses so that I'm not late in performing, then I've ran for my whole life," I joke. Rose groans and rolls her eyes, while Addaline laughs.

"Well, I guess that's worth something," Addaline says.

We continue to talk for a few more minutes until the teacher, someone from the Arven family, walks in the door. Something happens, because the air around me is suddenly more calm and less dangerous. I share a questioning look with Rose as the Silvers around me look more grumpy than usual. Then, I remember what people from House Arven can do: they are silencers, able to take away any Silver's ability. This person must have taken away the abilities of the Silver girls around me. I gape at the Arven woman as she walks to the front of the room.

"I need all of your attention. Reds, you will stay in here to learn the history and etiquette that is needed to.....be more lady-like." The woman chooses her words carefully. "And Silvers, go to the Training Hall to train. Remember, it's downstairs, located right next to the indoor gardens." After saying this information, the woman waves a hand at us and leaves the classroom. Excited chatters from the Silver competitors fill the room as they all leave. That just left 4 Red girls who were a bit confused.

There was me, Rose, Addaline, and the other Red competitor whose name is Belle. We all share a look with one another.

"So....do we wait for a teacher?" Rose asks in confusion. I open my mouth to answer her question but before I can, another voice interrupts.