Chapter 22//: How about Addi?

[ E D I T E D ]

♕✿~♕✿~Chapter 22//: How about Addi?♕✿~♕✿~

My new guard snorts in exasperation. The dark green eyes from earlier pierce my skin once more, and I involuntarily shiver from the sharpness of his eyes.

"The feeling is mutual," the guard retorts. I cross my arms and purse my lips.

"Well, here's to a fun time," I say sarcastically as the guard grunts and looks away from me.

I walk past the silent guard and into my room. It feels weird to call it my room because my real room was located about 2 hours from here in a comfy, small house.

"Madi, wait a minute!"

I glance behind me to see a fuming Tara and an annoyed Addaline trailing behind her.

Tara runs up to me and sighs heavily. "Madi. We need to talk."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I never expected to hear that tone of voice that only my mother uses on me. You know the voice your mom uses that says 'I-am-angry-at-you-for-something-and-I'll-tell-you-what-I'm-angry-about-but-first-I-need-to-yell-at-you-for-making-the-mistake' ? Yeah, that was how Tara sounded like right now.

I raise an eyebrow. "Yes, Tara? What is it?" I ask in a sickly-sweet voice. When I was in a sour mood, I always became incredibly sarcastic and unintentionally rude. And after everything I just went through, I wasn't feeling in the mood for conversations, especially one that included yelling which I already suffered from the king.

Tara crosses her arms and narrows her brown eyes at me. "Well, Addaline and I," Tara gestures to Addaline behind her, "heard you are not allowed to go to the ball because of an incident."

My mouth drops open in a surpirsed 'O' shape. "How do you guys already know? I literally just got yelled at."

Tara shrugs half-heartedly. "Word travels fast around here."

I scoff. I can see that.

"Anyways! That's not the point of this conversation! You can't go to the ball now, and Addaline and I have to work on all the planning details by ourselves!" Tara exclaims.

I shake my head at her. "The king never said anything about me not being able to plan for the ball," I tell her. Tara looks surprised, but then she glances at Addaline and they both smile at me.

Tara and Addaline barge into my room. I am knocked back a bit and barely gain my balance before I might have fallen to the ground. I close my door and mutter, "Make yourselves at home, sure. Why not?" under my breath as Addaline and Tara sit at my desk.

Tara rings the bell signaling my maids to come to my room, and they come in record time.

"Yes miss?" Sam asks us as she enters the room.

"We need to make invitations for the upcoming alliance ball. Get us a paper to write our request to the man in charge of making and sending out the invitations," Tara orders them, not even glancing at them.

Addaline and I both have a look of disapproval on our faces. I turn to face my maids.

"Please. Thanks, you guys," I tell them with a small smile. Lacy looks up at me in surprise as they all turn to leave to follow Tara's orders.

A few minutes later, my maids return with a piece of paper which I'm guessing is to write our request to give to the man who will make these invitations and send them out.

"Okay." Tara grabs a pen and the paper and looks at us expectantly. "What should we write here?"

Addaline leans back in a chair. "Well, start out with the basics. Say something about the alliance ball and that it's hosted by the Chosen girls from Norta. Oh, and also mention it's a masquerade ball."