Chapter 26//: A single tear to grieve

This chapter is dedicated to JustYourGirlLivLiv Thank you for voting and commenting on my chapters!

[ E D I T E D ]

♕✿~♕✿~Chapter 26//: A single tear to grieve ♕✿~♕✿~

As darkness enveloped everyone, screams erupted from everywhere, making my ears ring and my heart race.

I couldn't see anything in front of me, and I feel myself get blindly pushed around by the party goers running away in fear. The suddenly tense atmosphere makes me shake slightly as I try to run away as well, not caring where I'm going just as long as it was away from this ball room.

Suddenly, the lights weakly flicker back on, and though a second ago I was wishing to see, I immediately take that wish back.

Out of shock, I stop running and come to a slow stop. My breaths become shorter as my eyes roam around quickly, taking in the splatters of the silver blood, the broken champagne glasses on the floor, and the 4 bodies lying unmoving on the floor.

I see Kaley Welle screaming and crying over the body of a man. I realize with horror that the man is wearing the green and gold colors of House Welle. Kaley knows this man. He's her family. Brother? Uncle? Cousin? These thoughts rush through me as I choke back a sob.

A weeping woman crashes into me, not looking forward through her grief. I trip on the hem of my dress and fall down on the ground of this death room. I land face to face with a sickeningly familiar face: Fiona's father. I saw him only a couple of days ago, alive and angry while yelling at me. Now, his black eyes which strikes fear in many is deathly empty. A bullet wound is on his head, the wound leaking silver blood. He died immediately.

I hear a high pitched scream and pity the person crying over another loved one, but realize the sound is coming from me as I realize I am facing a dead man. I clumsily push myself up but slip on the silver blood I am surrounded in. I feel a sharp pain from my hand and look on in ghastly disgust as red blood seeps from the glass cut from my hand, mixing with the silver blood to create something darker.

"Madison!" I feel myself get hauled up by someone, but I can't look away from Fiona's father. I let the person drag me away from the blood shed as guards rush up to the alcove, shouting that the rebels are up there.

I see the person drag me to a set of stairs leading down to a metal door. I mindlessly move my legs down the steps and see a man in a sentinel outfit. He's one of the king's personal guards. I see this guard flick his hand, and the metal door in front of me gapes open, showing me that it leads to something like a safe room.

He's a magnetron. I just saw his relative dead. I can only think these things as the person leads me into the room and towards a stiff bed. I plop down on it, staring at a group of the Chosen huddled in the center of the room, trying to convince a crying Chosen that everything will be ok. I recognize the weeping girl as Kaley. She weeps for her dead family member.

"Madison? Madison?" The voice calls out to me again. It sounds faint, like I can ignore it, but I tear my eyes away from Kaley and face the voice.

I'm met by the sight of grey eyes. Ahren. He's holding me at arm's length, his brows furrowed in concern and the corners of his lip pulled down in a frown. I see his mouth move, but his words don't reach my ears.

I see him beckon to someone, and I recognize the face of Nick as he stares at me sadly and kneels in front of me. He grabs my hand, and I feel a familiar rush as Nick heals me, erasing the scars and scabs accrued over the years. But he can only heal me physically; he can never heal the pain I feel after witnessing everything that I have just witnessed.