Rarity

Chapter 1: Sasha

            I grabbed the floral printed mitt as the oven timer went off. The smell of freshly baked cookies filled the vast kitchen as I took out the last batch and placed them on the black marble counter top. The radio was playing some random pop song and I mindlessly hummed along as I transferred the cookies to the cooling racks. I was so focused on my task that I didn’t hear the kitchen door swing open.

            “Hey Sasha.” A silky voice came from behind me and I spun around, spatula in hand.

            “Isaac.” I said with an annoyed nod. As usual, he was dressed impeccably in dark blue jeans and a black button down that was more likely than not silk. His dirty blond hair was carefully styled with no less than a handful of gel and his mouth was quirked into his usual smirk. His slate grey eyes watched me in amusement as I huffed and turned back to the cookies.

            “What do you want?” I carefully moved the remaining cookies to the cooling rack.

            “I just wanted to talk to you.” He said, his smug smirk growing even more infuriating by the minute. My hand literally twitched with the urge to slap him, but I knew the punishment for doing so. I huffed and started searching through the kitchen for a tray to put the cookies on. I vaguely realized the song on the radio had ended and a new one started. I was too busy trying to keep calm.

            “Well clearly I’m a little busy right now.” I grabbed a suitable tray and started hunting down some tinfoil. I opened a couple drawers until finding it and grabbed the box aware of Isaac’s eyes on me as usual. He just couldn’t take a hint.

            I walked back over to where the cookies sat waiting and tried to find a happy place as Isaac moved even closer to me. I quickly transferred the cookies and wrapped them. I turned around, only to run right into Isaac. I backed up, but he just stepped closer. I felt my back press against the wall and his arms caged me in as he leaned closer to me. It didn’t help that he was a good foot taller than me. I felt my miniature fangs emerge and I knew my eyes, normally an indigo blue, would have a glowing crimson ring around them.

            “Back off Isaac.” My instincts were to hurl him across the room to free myself of the cage he had created around me. But I knew I couldn’t. I growled low in my throat as he watched me amused. He knew that I couldn’t hurt him, no matter how much I wanted to.

            “Come on, Sasha. I know that deep in that stone heart you love me too.” He leaned even closer, his face only inches from mine.

Footsteps approached the door and Isaac released me to turn and face whoever had walked in. The door swung open again and in that moment I froze. Having Isaac try and kiss me was better than having to be around him. I glared at Aidyn as he walked over to where the cookies lay securely wrapped and grabbed one.

“Hey man, what’s up?” Isaac asked as he subtly adjusted himself so he was a respectable distance from me.

“Not much, just came to get a snack. Thale’s here so I figured I should probably just leave him alone with my dad.” He said as he took a small bite of the cookie. I turned towards the door, hoping against hope he would just let me go. But of course I have no luck.

“Not so fast Snowflake.” He said as he turned to me. I slowly turned to face him, wondering what he could possibly want of me. I was careful to avoid looking him in the eye. “Dad wants you to go to the study and bring Thale to his room. He will be staying with us for a while.” He smirked as he saw the simmering fury in my crimson-ringed eyes and my exposed fangs, but I simply curtsied then left the room.