The 2nd Entry

Paige's POV

I flipped the page, nervous about what was next. I bit my lip, swallowing a sob, and read the next page.

Dear Friends,

Now I'll finish the list of people who made my life even miserable. 

Peyton, you made my life miserable on a regular basis. I hated school. I hated dance because of you. You were awful. So was your mom. You are the reason I cut my stomach. 

Maddie. You made fun of my dancing. You said that you were a better dancer than me and you were 4 years younger. I was always amazing at acro, and you would laugh when I messed something up just the slightest bit. You were nice to me until you started competing with me for Abby's favoritism. Once she got over youe, she started to go back to me. Don't think I didn't know you sabotaged my costume before Nationals two years ago. And don't think I didn't realize you were the one who switched my music, twice! Maddie, you were nice to me at school, but at dance, you made me feel like I was worthless. My cuts got deeper because of you.

Now, the people who made me feel better.

Paige and Josh. you guys were the ones who covered for me when I was too dizzy to talk. You were the ones who I trusted. You were the only people I could tell everything to. And, thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me.

Kenzie. You are practically my little sister. You have no idea how much it meant to me when you stood up to Maddie for me. You have no idea how much I love you. You were my best friend. You always tried to make me eat, telling me it was fine. You were one of the only people who could make me eat.

Nia. You had no idea what was going on. And that's fine. You were always nice to me no mattter what. No matter if I was bawling or smiling. Thank you.

But, 4 people loving me wasn't enough to make up for the thousands that showed me the truth about me. I'm fat, ugly, and bad at dancing. 

Love,

Brooke Marie Hyland

I was bawling now. 

"No one hated you Brooke!" I screamed to the sky, and Josh wrapped me in a hug. Maddie was bawling into Chloe's sholder, saying sorry over and over again. Kenzie was stroking the page, the only thing left of her best friend. Nia was crying too. Peyton wasn't here, I hadn't bothered to get her. I don't know if I could stand the next page, the part that's actually a diary. 

I wasn't ready to read. I wasn't ready to lose Brooke. I would never be ready.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry! Well, do you like it?  Please comment!

-<3 Hannah