Is She Okay?

Maddie's POV

All of us were shocked at the last entry. I never knew that Brooke felt that way. I never knew it hurt her so much. All of the sudden Chloe's phone rang, making everyone jump. She answered, and instantly her face dropped. I knew it was about Paige. We all ran out to her car, and jumped in. She drove fast to the hospital. I silently prayed that everything would be alright. I knew I had helped cause Brooke's death, and no one could understand what it was like. Imagine being the reason for your own sister's death. Then times that by about 10 thousand. I couldn't stand being part of Paige's death too.

 "Is Paigey okay?" Kenzie asked, her little voice cracking.

"I'm not sure." Chloe said, and then bit her lip, looking straight ahead. I did the same. It was easier to distract myself then to think about what actually happened. It's always easier to run away from your problems than to face them.

The rest of the ride was silent, but everyone was wishing someone would talk, someone would pull us away from this world of silence and grief. 

We finally arrived at the hospital, and we walked in. We went straight up to Paigey's room, where we surrounded her bed. There, the doctor smiled at us, but it was a sad smile, almost a pity smile. He checked her pulse, and all the normal stuff, before whispering something to the nurse, and walking away. Kelly sat in the chair in the corner, her face stricken with tears. Chloe walked over to her,a dn wrapped her in a hug. Everyone followed suit, and soon, we were in a huge hug, full of tears, sadness, and a strange comfort. No matter what happened, we'd have each other. 

We were inturrupted by the sound of Paige's gasp. 

"What am I doing here?" She asked.

"Paige, you tried to kill yourself." Josh said.

"What?" She asked.

"You don't remember? Your note said that you just couldn't go on without Brooke. Paigey, honey, I'm so sorry I wasn't there." Kelly said, wiping her eyes and giving Paige a hug.

"I-I'm sorry, mom I-" Paige started, but Kelly cut her off. 

"Paige, honey; listen. I remember when Brooke was in that spot; so many times. How I never thought anything of it, I just believed her lies. And, I am barely surviving without her, Paigey. Paigey Mack, I need you, Josh needs you, daddy needs you, your team, your friends, everyone needs you. Paigey Mack, don't leave us. You can't leave us, you are amazing, and worth living. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you before, Paige. It will never happen again. I promise." Kelly finished, dabbing her eye with a tissue. 

"M-mom, I'm sorry. I love you, and everyone else. I just wasn't thinking. I couldn't handle it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry I scared all of you. I love you all, and I will never, ever do this again." Paige said, crying also. We surrounded her bed and hugged her.

"Paige, Brooke wanted you to live. She wanted you to keep dancing, to keep living. Because Paigey, you're worth it. You're way to amazing to die, okay? Don't let anyone tell you that's not true." I said, smiling. 

"Okay," She said, nodding. I saw the tears in her eyes, I saw them as one dripped down her cheek, and I realized they were pouring out of my eyes. I realized that maybe we needed to let go of the past. Maybe right now, I should focus on the present, and be ready to change the future. It would be hard to put the past behind me, but maybe it's what I needed to do. 

Maybe that's what everyone needs to do. It might be hard at times, but it's what everyone needs to do. You don't have to forget everything about the past, you just have to live without regrets. Because if you're focused on yesterday, how are you going to live in today?

A/N

I'M SORRY!! IT TOOK FOREVER AND IT'S REALLY SHORT BUT I LIKE IT. OMGGGGGG 10 COMMENTS 25 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. PLEASE MAKE THE COMMENTS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!! THANKS ILYSFM!!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING AND YOU'RE SO NICE OMG SO DID YA LIKE IT? OK MADDIE ON THE SIDE. SHE'S SO PRETTY AND TALENTED!

- <3 HANNAH