Dear Diary, September 1st

Paige's POV

I got out of the hospital a few days later. I still felt some of the grief, actually, all of it. I missed Brooke. I needed Brooke. But, she was gone. Now, I wanted the people who caused it to pay for it. I opened the diary, everyone around me.

Dear Diary,

September 1st, 2013

Maddie. See that date? That's the excat day you started ignoring me. I remember it like it was yesterday. Oh, wait, it was. I know you meant it. Don't pretend you'll miss me. I know you won't. You don't deserve all of their grief. You, yes you, might not have been as mean as Kendall, but honey, Kendall was very mean. 

Back to my story. I walked into the ALDC, I thought it would be a normal day. By now, I was used to Kendall hating me. I smiled at you, Mads. You didn't even glance back at me. And in the den, you and Kendall just sat together adn whispered, pointing at me. I'd learned to wear longsleeve dance tops, or sweaters over. That day, I was wearing a black leotard and a red long sleeve crocheted sweater over. I didn't know what about me you were whispering about. All I knew was it was making me self-conscious. 

At pyramid, I was on top, after all, I won. But you didn't clap, or hug me. You and Kendall just stared. This used to be you, Mads, the favorite. And you were holding it against me. You were the favorite Maddie, you were. Past tense. I couldn't help it that I was becoming the new one. 

Maddie, you didn't realize it, but you were killing me on the inside. Every mean word, every stare, every slicing word from my ex-best friend. The friendship that the fans loved. The friendship that had them wanting a duet. The duet that won, multiple times. The duet that soon was hated. The duet that was hated because you hated me, and I loved you no matter what. I was foolish. I was foolish for loving you, but we had one thing in common: we both hated me.

Love,

Brooke Marie Hyland

Maddie had tears brewing, and soon, they were spilling out, but no one moved to comfort her. I didn't, even though I knew I should. The past was the past, but I couldn't quite accept that yet. I couldn't accept that my best friend killed my sister. So I looked over at her, allowing the tears to flow, and me to sob.

"Kendall, Maddie. Get. Out. Get out of my room, get out of my house, and don't come back. Don't come back until I tell you you can." I said, pointing to the door. 

Once they were out, I broke down, sobs leaving me, until I had nothing left, then, it was just Kenzie, Nia, Chloe, and I. They were hugging me, rubbing my back, while tears escaped their eyes, too. I couldn't handle it, but maybe, just maybe, they could. And maybe they could help me learn to handle it. Maybe I wouldn't have to die to end my suffering. Maybe I could carry on, and maybe, just maybe, I could make her proud. 

I'm sorry, Brookie. I will never, ever be as good as you. But for you, I'll try. I'll try because I love you. Not lovedlove because you will never be dead, you will never be gone, because you are alive Brooke. You will always be alive to me. You are everywhere, in the pictures on my nightstand, in your dance bag that still hangs downstairs, in everything. But, most importantly, in my heart, Brooke. Because I. Love. You. Always have, always will.

A/N

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED THIS. I STARTED CRYING WRITING IT. I MIGHT NOT UPDATE FOR A FEW WEEKS, BUT I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES. THANKS FOR READING. PAIGE'S NEW PHOTOSHOOT ON THE SIDE, BTW I LOVE IT.

-<3 HANNAH