You Have to Do It

Paige's POV

I grimced as I pulled on the sleek white costume. Don't get me wrong, it was gogeous. I was nervous, I'd probably start crying onstage, but I had to do this dance, for Brooke. 

"For Brooke." I whispered to myself. The costume was beautiful, just like Maddie's for her solo Amazing Grace. My bond hair was in a sleek french twist with little curls on top. I did my normal stage makeup, and slid on my modern shoes. The cover of Say Something played through Abby's laptop, and everyone looked over, completely mystified by my perofrmance. Fouette, fouettem fouette, a la seconde, a la seconde, a la seconde, five prioettes, side aerial. Face the judges, emotion, grand jete, attitude, attitude, attitude, down on one knee, lay down. I stared out at the audience, or made up audience of Abby. A single tear emerged from my eye. 

Abby smiled, and wiped her tears. 

"Great job, Paigey." She smiled, and gave me a hug. I smiled, and for once, I felt like I was making Brooke proud. 

"Paige?" The competition lady came in.

"Yup!" I said. I slid on my ALDC jacket, and the girls followed me and the lady backstage. Backstage, Maddie gave me a pep talk, we prayed, and I stretched. Then, the act before me was done, and the girls gave me a hug.

"Paige Hyland in the Teen Elite Solo division, with a lyrical piece entitled, Say Something." The emcee called, and I nodded to myself before walking on, and taking my starting position: sitting and facing the back of the stage.

The music started, and I started. moving with the beat, I danced. I danced for my family. I danced for my friends, for Brooke's friends. I danced for me, because my sister was dead. I danced for Brooke, because she didn't deserve to die. I danced for the memories I had with Brooke. I danced for the tears, the laughs, the smiles, the frowns. I danced for everything Brooke was to me. I danced for Brooke, because I love her. I danced for the Diary, for Josh. I danced because Brooke would've begged me to. I danced for her, for those final words on her note:

I love you Paige, and you're and amazing dancer.

I danced because I love Brooke, and she was the best thing that ever happened to me. 

And now she's gone.

The music ended, and I stopped dancing, in my ending pose. A tear ran down my cheek, and once I got backstage, they all came rushing out. I vaguely remember the emcee telling the crowd my danc ewas dedicated to Brooke. I kind of remember Chloe saying "Paige, you got a standing ovation!". The only thing I really remember about that day was feeling like I made Brooke proud, and that's worth more than 100 standing ovations.

Later, out group got first, I got first overall, the teen elite scholarship, a crown, and a platinum. I also got the judges award, and Abby said I did amazing. I didn't care about those. I knew Brooke was watching me, from above, and I knew she would be glad. I knew she would be glad that Abby told me I was great, that I won, and she'd be glad that I was following my dreams. 

But, I wasn't glad. I wasn't happy. I was sad, and mad. I was mad, because Brooke wasn't here to walk with me. My sister was dead. I was missing something I missed more than the world. Someone I loved more than the world. 

Brooke was one of the best people in the world. 

And now she's gone.

With nothing left behind but a diary and some memories.

All I could do was hold both of those close to my heart, because they were the only things I had left.

A/N

DIDN'T WAIT! SORRY LOL WELL I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!! I'M ALMOST DONE WITH THIS BOOK! :) SEQUEL OR NAH? FUN PIC ON THE SIDE! :) OK LETS SEE 15 COMMENTS AND 25 VOTTES FOR THE EPILOUGE!!! ILYASM!!

-<3 HANNAH

PS: COMMENT IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL OR NAH