2

"Boo!" without thinking, I stabbed the knife into whatever startled me. It turned out the be Harley Quinn's baseball bat. The Joker and his sidekick threw a knife into my house. He cackled and laughed.

"You're going to pay for this window!" I shouted. "That's gonna cost you at least a few hundred, maybe even a thousand dollars, Mister Joker!" He just laughed in my face.

"You're not the least bit scared of me, are you?" he questioned.

"I just want a new window," I scoffed.

"You didn't answer the question," he smirked.

"Should I smash her, Puddin?" Harley asked. She seemed annoyed with me very quickly

"Not yet, Harley. Let's see what she's retained," he quickly threw another knife at me, but I dodged it. One after the other all dodged. I'm surprised Kacy didn't faint. I felt like I wanted to.

"Get me the money for this goddamn window already," I growled. The Joker's smile turned into a full on grin. He tossed a roll of hundreds at me.

"Keep the change, Dollface," he smirked, walking off. Harley followed and glared at me. I looked at the roll and realized it was fake money. Instead of Benjamin, his face took the center of the dollar. I opened the roll and saw a joker card in there. I grabbed my coat and shoes and ran after him.

"Hey! You still owe me!" I called out. Harley rolled her eyes and Joker just laughed.

"What's the matter? Can't take a joke, Miss Melanie?" he tilted his head in amusement.

"How do you know my name?" I yelled in anger and frustration.

"Do you not remember our tangles, Dollface? How we would play?" Joker asked. Harley looked like she was about to murder me right here, right now. "Oh that's right, your amnesia. Sorry I had to do that to ya. You just wouldn't listen," his smile looked downright horrifying. I rubbed my head. There was a scar from when I was thrown against a metal wall several times. I haven't remembered anything before then. It's been about seven months since that happened.

Joker grabbed my chin and whispered in my ear. "You'd better get out of here, Dollface. The cops will be coming any minute now. We wouldn't want you getting interrogated now would we?" He ran off with Harley and I ran back to the house. Joker was right. Cops were driving up and down the streets about 5 minutes after I got home. I guess I was wrong about Kacy not fainting, because she did. I carried her unconscious body to her bed and put pillows underneath her feet to make them elevated. I checked her pulse and she was alive and looked as if she was breathing. Kacy's eyes fluttered open and then she nearly screamed until I covered her mouth.

"He's gone, she's gone. Get some rest," I whispered. She nodded and closed her eyes and got under the covers of her bed. I went back into the living room and saw all the knives that were on the floor. A word was written on each of them. I put them all together and it spelled out "We've missed you" in capital letters. It freaked me out. They knew things about me that I didn't know about myself. On the bottom of the handles on the knives there was three numbers. Each of them were different. I didn't know what it meant. Two hundred twelve, four hundred seventy three, and one hundred two. It felt so familiar. Maybe a phone number. I punched it in and realized I was missing a number. I looked around for any other clues. I picked up the fake money On the last dollar there was a large five written in what I hope isn't blood. I punched in the last number and called it. Two rings before someone picked up. There was a pause. Neither of us spoke.

"H-hello?" I stuttered, breaking the silence.

"What is your name?" A female robotic voice spoke.

"Melanie Miller," I replied.

"Hello, Dollface," Joker...

<><><><>

A/N

Hello, lovelies!

Soooooo tension...yeah...um...

Thanks again for reading this story! All votes, comments, and shares are appreciated (unless you're being extremely negative and not at all constructive then just get out. The door looks like an 'x' or back button. Just get out of here rn please. K thanks).

-Berry x