8

"I'm going to get you out of here, Mel," she pulled away from the hug and spoke normally. "I don't care what you did. I know you well enough to know that this was a point in your life where you were brainwashed or tortured into thinking these things," I'm pretty sure Melanie was right. I did owe Jack a lot but what he's done should be enough to cover my debt.

"Miss Melanie Kristen Miller, do you hereby sell your soul to me?" Jack's voice rang on the somewhat poor quality video. We were in an abandoned warehouse. There was a tub of chemicals behind us.

"Get real, Jack. What's the oath?" I chuckled. Kacy's eyes were glued on the video but I didn't want to watch.

"Would you die for me?" Jack asked in a more serious tone.

"I'd do anything for you, Jack. This is the life I want to live."

"Now, would you live for me? Hmm?" he asked. I was slightly fed up with him not accepting me right away.

"Of course."

"Careful," Jack's voice grew husky and he stepped closer to me. "Do not say this oath thoughtlessly. Desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes power,"

"I'm ready, Jack. I know I am. I'm just preparing myself for the pain that comes along with this. You have to promise me one thing," Our faces were less than a centimeter away. "I am not your next Harley Quinn. I will not be pushed around by you. I'm not madly in love with you, Jack. Just very, very intrigued. Promise me that you won't hurt me."

Jack took a knife and slit his palm open. I did the same and we shook hands. "Now, the pool awaits," Jack took a step back and cleared a path for me to soak in the chemicals. The video cut off there but I looked at my skin. It wasn't bleached. In fact, it was slightly tan from my last vacation. I looked at my bare feet and fell into a trance.

I slowly dipped the bottoms of my feet into the batch of chemicals before I was pushed by none other than Batsy himself. He choked me and I couldn't breathe.

"Drop your weapon, Joker! I'll hurt her if you don't!" He spoke in a very deep tone. Batman picked me up off of the ground and stuck a knife to my throat. Jack stood there with his weapon up. Then he laughed.

"You really got me for a second there, Batsy!" He cackled. "I thought you were gonna-!" Jack was cut off by his own laughter again. Before I knew it, Harley barged in and knocked out Batman, freeing me from my breathless prison. She also managed to spill all of the chemicals onto the ground.

"Jack!" I yelled before my legs went numb. He caught me and set me down gently. I couldn't stand up. Kacy looked at me with a blank expression.

"I'd better go then," Kacy murmured and slipped on her shoes.

"You're not going anywhere. You know that we're here. You know way too much, ergo you must die," Jack snapped his fingers and a goon brought him some rope.

"You think I'd put my best friend in danger like that?" Kacy snapped. "I don't like you, and I think she needs a mental check up, but I am not going to let her get thrown in prison. You'd better keep her safe, Joker. Or I will personally come after you," she scolded and slammed the door behind her. I rubbed my head as pain started to spread throughout it and run down my neck.

"Y'know, it's been a while since you went on a mission. Maybe an easy one would bring you back?" Jack suggested. I stayed silent trying to remember what was on my back. Kacy was mortified by it. "Giving me the silent treatment, huh?" Jack raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," I replied softly.

"I don't like being ignored, Melanie," Jack's tone became more serious.

"I'm apologize, your majesty," I sarcastically replied. I rolled my eyes in response.

"You really must've forgotten your manners, Dollface. 'Cause I'm this close to snapping," he whispered.

"I'm sorry Jack, I'm just a bit on edge," I replied. I walked back to my room and surprisingly my ankle didn't hurt as much. It wasn't perfect but it also wasn't unbearable. I iced it down a bit to make sure it healed when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" Jeff walked in with a box of chocolates in his hands.

"I felt bad about leaving you yesterday. I'm hoping this will make up for it," Jeff handed me the chocolates and I blushed.

"You really didn't have to do that," I smiled and hugged him. "I really appreciate it. You are just too sweet," I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling too much. Jeff really knew how to cheer me up.

"I did. You've done so much for me already. You may not know, but you saved my life four times," he blushed.

"Let's hope it isn't five," I chuckled.

"So what do you remember about me?" Jeff whispered.

"I don't," I replied softly. Jeff looked hurt. "I-I'm sorry! I c-can't remember much! J-just some things about J-Jack and Harley," I stuttered.

"It's okay," he chuckled. I blushed a bit and he put his hand on my chin, pushing my head up gently to meet his eyes. "Let it come to you naturally. Don't force it," he smiled. I looked down at his lips and gently leaned in. Our lips touched and our kiss was long. I felt my hair being yanked back away from him and I realized Jeff's eyes were wide open with fear.

"Walk."

<><><><>

Hello, lovelies! 

I figured out a schedule. Updates every Monday to make it less painful. I'll fit in some bonus chapters if I can. School was awful today (I basically ruined my social life in less than two periods). I was late to nearly every class, fell on my butt, walked into the wrong classroom twice, and realized I have no friends in my classes (I'm also an introvert so that's fun). Seriously though, you guys are probably more interesting than some of the people in my classes >.>

Thanks again for reading this story! All votes, comments, and shares are appreciated (unless you're being extremely negative and not at all constructive then just get out. The door looks like an 'x' or back button. Just get out of here rn please. K thanks).

-Berry x