Chapter one

Author's note:

Just to quickly clarify, Aria and Arabella are the same people! Aria is just her nickname!!!

Sierra's POV

"Aria, I can't walk anymore, my feet are killing me. It's also burning hot! Can we please take a lunch break now?" I asked exasperated. I was at the mall with my best friend (and roommate) to look for a dress for my very important interview tomorrow.

I was meeting with the CEO of the interior designing company I applied at. I had recently finished college in my hometown, London, and took the biggest step of my life and decided to move to New York, where 'dreams are made of,' you know what song I'm talking about.

And after being here for about 6 months, working at cafes, bars, and whatnot, I finally grew the balls to apply at the biggest interior designing company in New York. It had taken me a good 4 months before I landed this interview, and I was pretty proud of myself. It was known that only the best interior designers got the opportunity of having an interview with the CEO of Whitestone Interior Designs, and that meant I was considered one of the 'best' and Aria and I were over the moon. This was a pretty big accomplishment for a 24 year old woman.

"Geez Sierra, we haven't even visited half the stores yet." Arabella rolled her brown eyes. "If we go at this pace, we'll never find you the perfect outfit for tomorrow."

"Not my fault you found something wrong in the last 400 dresses we looked at." I said, still exasperated. My best friend was a definite pain in the butt, but I loved her anyway.

"Ugh I don't know how I deal with you." Aria let out a dramatic sigh. "But okay whatever, let's go to that Italian restaurant down the street."

We made our way to the restaurant, 'l'amore' and I had absolutely no clue what the heck that meant. Hmm, kind of looks like 'more,' more food? more fat?

I'd never been here before, but that wasn't surprising considering I had been in New York for less than a year and hadn't visited very many restaurants.

I had met Aria at the cafe I worked at. She was a regular customer, always sitting at the back with a beanie covering her black hair and hiding from everyone, which I soon came to realize was basically a facade, since she's the most outgoing person you'll ever meet. And, after seeing her everyday, we eventually became friends. We soon decided to get a place together since it helped us both out a LOT financially.

We entered the beautiful restaurant and were quickly invaded with a mouth watering aroma. I looked around the restaurant and admired everything there. That's when my eyes met a pair of gorgeous blue ones. If this was a fairy tale, I could've sworn I felt sparks between us! I looked over the face and a gasp of breath escaped my lips. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the most gorgeous man on earth. From his dark brown and, a little messy, hair to his perfectly shaped eyebrows, to his sculptured jawline, everything was absolutely perfect about him. He was hands down incredibly stunning. And he was wearing a fitted black suit, and boy was I sucker for a well dressed man.

But there was something about him, something you don't get to see in regular New York boys. He seemed very dominant and manly, it ensured that no one was to mess with him. He had sort of a mysterious persona, and not in a bad way, it was just something you don't see very often. Dark and dangerous, that's the kind of vibe he gave off.

When I looked back at his eyes again, they were staring back at me with such intensity, I had to look away.

That's when I noticed that Aria had already talked to the waiter and he was leading us to our table of two. I quickly realized that our table was right across from Mr. perfect and unlucky for me, I was sitting where we were both able to make eye contact with one another.