Chapter nine

There we stood in the middle of my bedroom, breathing hard from our passionate kiss andjust staring at each other. There was an electrifying connection between us and I didn't know if I was ready to fully accept it. I was afraid.

"Uh s-should we go?" I looked away from his mesmerizing blue eyes. I took a shaky step towards the door but froze in my steps when he held my wrist gently. I didn't turn around though.

"Look at me, tesoro," he whispered.

I turned towards him but kept my eyes in the floor, I wasn't ready for this. His hand came up and gently lifted my chin until my gaze was on him.

"I-I can't do this." I shook my head and tried to remove my wrist from his hold but he didn't budge. "The kiss, I- I think we should go." I roughly pulled my wrist out of his hold and made my way to the living room.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Aria looked worried. I'm sure I might be a weird sight to look at right now with my swollen lips, messy hair, and a confused and afraid expression on my face.

"Nothing," I managed a soft smile. "We'll be leaving now. I'll see you there okay."

She just nodded, looking confused as ever.

I turned around and saw Leonardo coming out of my room with a stoic expression. His hair was still messy from my hands and he didn't seem to care one bit.

"Come," he said with his jaw clenched before walking out the door. 

I followed him to the elevator and we patiently waited for it to come up to my floor. When we got in the elevator, it was deadly quiet. Not even the lame elevator music was there to save me from this silence. 

Leonardo didn't say a word, he continued looking straight. Did he regret the kiss? I know that I didn't. I was just afraid. Afraid of what the kiss meant. I didn't know where it could lead to, I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready for a relationship. Plus it would never work between Leonardo and I, we were from completely different worlds.

What the hell was I even thinking? A relationship with Leonardo? I hardly knew the man, was i crazy? And, even if he didn't regret the kiss, I doubt he'd want a relationship, with me. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

Finally, the elevator door opened and brought me out of my misery. I followed Leonardo to his car and even waved to Paul hurriedly. 

His car was expensive. That was the only thing I could think to describe it as. It screamed money and it was definitely beautiful. It was a matte black sports car, and it totally screamed Leonardo.

He opened my door for me, like the gentleman he was, then went to the other side and got in himself. I could see him staring at me from my peripheral vision, but I kept my head down refusing to meet his eyes, refusing to meet the sparks that were there when we so much as looked at each other. 

I was quite surprised to find that Leonardo was a really good driver. It was just that every other time I saw him, he always had a driver with him. It was a thrill to see the man drive, as weird as that may sound.

After driving for about 25 minutes, we finally arrived outside the hall. The valet opened my door for me, at the same time that Leonardo gave him his car keys. It was obvious from his face that he was beyond excited to drive Leonardo's extravagant car.

"Shall we?" Leonardo held out his arm for me. I looped my arm through his, and we made out way to the door. There stood Mr and Mrs. Whitestone greeting everyone that came in.

"Aaah Sierra. Mr. Carrozza." Mr whitestone gave me kiss on the cheek and then held out his hand to shake Leonardo's. I went over to Linda and gave her a big hug.