Chapter sixteen

A/N: This is a very interesting chapter so please vote and share your thoughts with me. Hope you like it!

I'm positive that Leonardo had a lot to say about my comment, but he luckily kept his mouth shut and walked away.

I was hoping that this would be the last time I would see him, because New York was a fairly big place so it shouldn't be hard to go unnoticed by him. Right?

I updated Kevin, Steve and Vanessa on everything that had happened with Leonardo and I, and after calling him a jerk several times, we all decided to head home.

Kevin, Steve and Vanessa took a cab home together, and Aria, Tris, and I took another cab together since we did live in the same building.

Luckily, Aria and Tris did not speak to me throughout the whole ride, because I was not in a good state right now.

Every time I'm around Leonardo, he makes me crazy, and not always in a good way. So, I needed to calm myself down before I did something irrational, like cry in front of everyone.

"We're here," Aria slowly nudged my shoulder. I didn't realize I had zoned out.

I nodded and got out behind them.

Once Aria and I were alone in our apartment, I started venting to her.

"He's an asshole. For leading me on. For ghosting me. For thinking he can talk to me whenever. I feel so dumb," I wanted to scream, and maybe punch kick him in the face once (or thrice).

"Honey, he's not worth your time and energy. He was an asshole, and that's that. Do whatever you need to do to get over that whole situation, but do not allow yourself to think about him any longer. He's caused you enough trouble as it is." Aria pulled me into a hug and didn't let go until I was the one to pull away first.

We talked for a bit more before I went to sleep, forcing myself not to think about him.

"S," Aria screamed from outside my door. "Wake up, you're going to be late."

I mumbled something and then passed out again. I had no idea what she was talking about.

Then she started pounding at my door, pissing me off. I looked at my alarm clock and realize I had to be at work in 15 minutes. Holy. How did I manage to sleep for an extra hour.

"I'm up," I screamed on my way to the bathroom.

Why did my alarm not go off. And, then I realize that I had pressed snooze maybe a 100 times. Haha oops.

I run out of the bathroom, dressed and ready to go in 10 minutes. I decided to skip on my makeup routine today because even though I was going to be late, I'd rather not be an hour late.

"Thanks for waking me up, and for the breakfast," I stole the bagel from her plate and ran outside.

I could hear her screaming at me to give her bagel back, but I ignored her and continued making my way through the door. I was late so it was justified.

After about 8 hours at work, I decided to pack up for the day. I was the last one left on this floor so I quickly made it to elevator.

It was about 6 outside and it was already starting to get dark. This is one of the many reasons I hated winter.

On my way home, I passed Books & Brews and stopped. I could smell the delicious aroma of the coffee from all the way outside, and I really wanted to go in, but I also really really didn't want to bump into Leonardo. He was there at the day it opened and he hardly seems like a bookstore and macchiato type of guy, so I assumed he owned this place too, along with many other establishments.