Chapter ten

Leonardo's POV:

She was beautiful. I was on the phone with my supplier from Italy, but all I could concentrate on was her. My tesoro.

It was obvious that Sierra was a lightweight, because she had only had a few drinks and she was well on her way to drunk. She was on the dance floor, laughing and dancing like crazy, her blonde hair a crazy mess flying everywhere, yet she still looked gorgeous. I chuckled slightly, she wasn't kidding when she said she couldn't dance. She was cute.

That was exactly it, she was cute and innocent. Complete opposite of me. I was a monster compared to her. She was pure and untainted while I was cruel and heartless.

She'd never fit into my world, she couldn't possibly adjust to my lifestyle, and knowing where I come from, I wasn't too sure if I even wanted her involved in that life.

But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't keep myself away from her. She was like a magnet, pulling me in towards her. Now I was just being simply crazy, I hardly knew her, and I didn't have any feelings towards her so why was I still so caught up in her. I couldn't have her, that much was obvious. We were from two different worlds, and someone as sweet and innocent as Sierra would never be able to handle mine.

Yeah, it's obvious, I've completely lost my mind. What was wrong with me? Why was I behaving like this? No. No. No. I didn't like Sierra. I couldn't. I didn't have a heart, I wasn't capable of ever having any sort of feelings for anyone.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. No. Stop thinking about her. No. I couldn't have feelings for her, that wasn't possible. I didn't like any other girls, and I surely didn't -and couldn't- like Sierra, even if she was totally different from any other girl I've known. I am heartless and cruel, I definitely do no have feelings for sierra.

No. I didn't like her. I just thought she was beautiful, nothing more. Yeah, that's it. No feelings, I just found her attractive.

I zoned out of my thoughts when I saw a man dancing with Sierra on the dance floor. She was laughing and seemed to be having a good time with him. I felt a pang of jealousy run through me, and before I knew it I was rushing to the dance floor and pulling the man physically apart from Sierra. Sierra was mine, and no other man was allowed to touch my tesoro. Mine. I picked that man up from the dance floor and continuously punched him in the face. How dare he touch my Sierra.

Okay. What the actual fuck? Why'd I have a surge of jealousy go through me at the thought of anyone ever touching her. I mean, I didn't like her or anything. I was heartless. I killed. That screams a fucked up and dangerous man, nothing about that made liking someone as innocent and pure as Sierra possible.

If -which I most definitely do not- I  did liked Sierra, she couldn't possible fit into my world. It was a world full of criminals and heartless bastards, no one as sweet should ever be a part of that cruelness.

She'd never be able to handle the baggage I came with. There was no way, she would accept me if she found out about the mafia. Fuck.

She'd never leave her perfect, carefree life for me. She'd want her freedom, and once you're im the mafia, no such word exists. If she got involved with someone like me, she would be in hell, in more ways than one.

She deserves a normal life, with a normal man. That's something I could never provide for her. I was fucked up beyond belief and she'd never be able to handle it. So, leaving her alone would be the best thing for her, regardless of how badly it'd killed me.

Shit. Fuck. Why did the thought of leaving Sierra for good make my chest hurt, what the fuck? No. I didn't have feelings for her. That would be fucked up. I am already fucked beyond belief, I didn't need to add any ore drama or problems.

I didn't realize I was stilling
punching that man until I was physically removed from him by a few men. I looked from that man on the floor, to Sierra's tear filled face. Shit. Did I hurt her?

I shoved the men holding me, back and rushed to Sierra, "Tesoro, are you hurt? Sierra, calm down and tell me where you're hurt."

She shoved me away and walked away. What the fuck?

"Sierra." I called after her. "Sierra, come back here, right now." She completely ignored me and continued walking towards the exit. Where did she think she was going?

"Sierra, come back here right this fucking instance. Don't make me ask again." She stopped in her tracks. Good, at least the fear factor still worked. But that irked me, I didn't want her to be afraid of me. Fuck. I needed to stop thinking about her, I was going to leave her alone after this night so none of this should matter.

"Why did you do that?"She roughly wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hand. God, she was still beautiful even with her face filled with tears.

"He was flirting and touching you, and I couldn't bear it."

"That's not a good enough reason to beat someone to death, Leonardo. That was very wrong."

I sighed and shoved a hand in my hair. "I didn't like him touching you. You're min- I mean you're my date, and I didn't think it was okay, that he was touching my date, so I simply did something about it." I shrugged.

"That's it? That's all you have to say for yourself? You don't just beat someone up for touching your date. Oh my god." She seemed frustrated beyond belief. "Leonardo, I think it'd be best if you leave. Just go." She shouted.

She waited a bit and when I didn't say anything, she continued. "You confuse me, Leonardo. First you kiss me, and then you basically tell me that you regret it. And, then you spend the entire evening talking on your phone or flirting with women. I don't get it."

"I wasn't flirting with anyone, Sierra. The women came on me but I don't pay attention to any of them. The only women I had my eyes on tonight was you."

Fuck. Did I just tell her that?

"You- what?" Her eyes wide and her mouth ajar.

"You heard me, I couldn't take my eyes off you tonight." I stared deep into her beautiful grey eyes. They were an unique grey, and I loved them. It was so easy to get lost in them, they were mesmerizing. My gaze moved to her lips and her lips parted slightly and her breathing picked up. Oh, how badly I wanted to taste her, to have her lips on mine. I craved her, but I couldn't have her.

Men like me didn't get girls like her. That's just now how it works. Okay, maybe I did fucking like her a bit, but I sure as hell didn't deserve her. Fuck me.

I just couldn't. I had to leave her alone. This was never going to work. I knew she valued her freedom, who wouldn't? And, for that reason, I was going to set her free. I'd only wish the best for her, and being with me in my world, would be the worst thing for her. Funny, how it felt like I was letting her go, even though she was never mine in the first place. Oh, how badly I wish she was mine though, but this was goodbye.

"Goodbye, tesoro," I whispered in her ear, while running a hand gently down her cheek.

"You're actually leaving?" She seemed confused. She was cute.

"It's for the best." I ran my thumb over her bottom lip slowly and stared hard at her face, trying to memorize every little detail. Fuck, this was hard. I had never had feelings for anyone before, this was different and I didn't like it. It was messing with my head.

I pulled my eyes and hand away, and turned towards the exit. I could feel her eyes staring into my back, but I kept walking. This was for her, for the best, I had to remind myself that.

A/N

I don't really know how I feel about this chapter. I only wrote it for fun because I had a little free time this morning. Let me know in the comments what you thought about this please!

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment please! love you!!