Chapter nineteen

Leonardo and I were in a tangled, breathless mess from kissing each other crazy, when the knock came.

I was so angry at whoever was knocking. Not only because they interrupted our kissing, but also because our talk was still incomplete.

Leonardo had said a lot, and I had questions. Along with telling him how I truly felt. Oh, and we needed to decide what what going to happen about our crazy situation now.

I quickly stumbled away from Leonardo's embrace and starting fixing my hair, and I noticed him doing the same.

"F*ck," he growled quietly, staring at me.

He cleared his throat and shouted "come in."

The door opened to reveal a petite, beautiful woman. Me, being a woman, instantly jumped to the conclusion that that was his girlfriend whom he just cheated on. With me.

I felt disgusted, but I hid my emotions behind a blank face. I waited for either of them to stay something, and I didn't have to wait long.

"Lori, what're you doing here?" He seemed annoyed. Hmm.

"What? I missed you and wanted to come check up on you," Lori shrugged.

That's when her eyes landed on me and she started glaring. "Who's this new slut, now?"

A gasp filled the room, and I was almost hundred percent sure it was me. Slut? Oh hell no. If anyone was a slut, it was Leonardo for cheating on that woman. I had no idea he was even in a relationship.

I ignored the pain I felt in my chest at the thought of him having a girlfriend, and stared at Leonardo to explain.

"Romeo," he shouted to the man standing guard outside. "Take Sierra to her room upstairs." He avoided my eyes as he said the words that almost crushed me.

Instead of explaining to me and this Lori girl exactly what was going on, especially after the words he had spoken just a few moments earlier, he was kicking me out. Wow. This was another stab to my already wounded heart.

The man, Romeo, quickly came to me and led the way out of the room. I left, but not before glaring at Leonardo.

All that was a lie, I suppose. He was never going to change and he was never going to be mine.

Romeo basically dragged me up the long flight of stairs and stopped in front of a door in the corner of the hallway. He opened the door to reveal a beautiful bedroom, but I was in no mood to appreciate its beauty. I just needed a bed to cry in right now.

How many times will I fall for the same trick before I finally learn?

I laid on the bed and let my thoughts wander, until sleep finally engulfed me.

I was woken up when I felt myself being lifted into two arms. I noticed it was Leonardo, but in my groggy state I didn't have it in me to fight him.

"Where are you taking me?" I said, hoarsely.

"My room, where we'll lay together and you'll let me explain everything."

I scoffed. No way! I was not going to fall for his words or touch again. He can go tell someone who cares, because it ain't me.

"Let me down right now, Leonardo. I don't have it in me to be let down one more time. Just please stop," I said defeatedly. 

"Shh, let me explain, tesoro." He looked down at me with caring eyes. Too bad it was all a lie. 

I decided to keep my mouth shut and let him explain everything. I knew I wasn't going to fall for his lies again, so might as well listen just to get it over with.

He laid me down on a large bed, and a soon crawled in with me. 

"What I feel for you isn't normal. It terrifies me because it feels like I have no control. I am a man who needs control as much as I need my next breath, but with you I seem to lose all sense of rationality and control," he started. 

"Leo-" He placed a finger on my lips to quiet me down, and continued talking. 

"I want, no need, you all to myself and under my protection and control at all times. But, I can't because the life I live isn't safe for you. Until you, I haven't had a single weakness, and if I claim you as mine, I'm putting you in the limelight for all my enemies to attack."

As much as I didn't want his words to effect me, they did. The more he talked, the more pain I felt. I didn't know what to do.

"So, I hope you can understand that it's been tough for me to let you go, when all I want is you underneath me and in my life. But now that you've seen what happened in the cafe, I won't let you go, Tesoro. I wish I was a better man and would let you go, but I'm not. 

"I let you out of my life once, but you kept coming back again and again. Now, you're staying here with me, and to hell with the danger. I would protect you with my life." 

Wow. I was left speechless. What just happened? I rewinded his words in my head over and over again. 

He said he wasn't letting me go, he said he needed me. 

This had to all be a lie. Yeah he was keeping me trapped here, but not because he wanted or needed me, but so I wouldn't run to the police. Right?

As I was lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed Leonardo staring at me. He ran his index finger down the side of my face and then over my lips. 

"Say something, Tesoro," he whispered. I felt the pain and nervousness in his words. Was this all really a lie?

A/N

Hello, please vote and comment, I love reading your thoughts!

Also, do check out my other book, Chaos. It also has a possessive, alpha lead.