Share A Coke With Derek

Found on Tumblr 

Derek rings up the old lady and watches her leave the store. He hates days like this, when no one is in the shop but he has to act like he cares anyway because the owner has cameras everywhere.

Derek's mood instantly brightens when his favorite customer enters the shop. This particular customer is tall, same as Derek. He's got pale skin with moles scattered across it like constellations. Derek gets distracted by his pink little mouth that never seems to stop running. Derek could write poetry about the whiskey brown of the man's eyes. From his long, dark hair, to his long, thin fingers, Derek can't get enough of his favorite customer.

If only he knew his name.

Derek's been teased with the stranger's name. Ever since Coca-Cola came out with the "Name on a bottle" thing, Derek's been teased. You see, Perfect Stranger had always came in, bought a single bottle of Coke, and then left. But now Derek had a chance to learn his name.

The first day after it had happened, he had bought a bottle labeled "Michael". Derek had been so ecstatic he'd gone on to jerk himself off, huffing the name "Michael" under his breath. But then the next day Perfect Stranger bought a bottle labeled "Kevin".

And Derek was screwed.

Every day since, he's bought a different bottle with a different name and it's slowly driving Derek mad. He just wants to know the guy's name!

"Hey," The guy greets him as he places his bottle on the counter. Derek's throat tightens.

The bottle says Derek.

"Hello." He reaches out to take the bottle. "Your name's Derek? Mine is too." Stupid Derek. The guy laughs softly.

"No, actually. My name isn't on any of the bottles. I have an unusual name." The guy says.

"Oh, do tell." Derek didn't know he could be flirty. He didn't even know he had a flirty mode.

"Stiles. Well, actually, my real name is an old Polish name but in English it just sounds like a cruel joke. So I go by Stiles to make it easier for everyone." The guy-Stiles- says.

"Oh." Derek is all out of flirty. "Uh, you uh, sure like Coke." Can Derek die now? Seriously, can some huge meteor destroy the Earth and civilization right now? Stiles laughs.

"Yeah." He grins. "But I like coffee more. Wanna grab some sometime?"

Derek just ends up grinning back, like the huge dork he is.