2

"Jeonghan? You there?"

"Huh..?" Jeonghan blinked then reached up to rub the dust from his eyes, lifting his head from the desk to be face-to-face with a friendly face which looked just the slightest  bit worried. "Did you really just doze off during class just now? Well that's nothing new I guess- but this is the first day of school, c'mon." Jisoo gave a sigh in disbelief and tugged on his friend's arm, trying to wake him up.

Jeonghan whined, shaking off Jisoo's grip on his arm and straightening himself up on the chair while looking around the empty classroom, only just given a few seconds to register what was going on before getting carried by Jisoo who hauled him off the chair.

"School ended fifteen minutes ago, you could've been locked in if I didn't come to find you."

--

Jeonghan snorted in laughter, almost tripping on a bush and falling in a puddle after hearing another story of Seungkwan and Jihoon's antics. "Classic Seungkwan, he overreacts at the tiniest things." Jisoo rolled his eyes and smirked, "So you're saying that you don't?" Jeonghan gave his friend a deadpanned look, huffing and flipping his fabulous hair which still looked great even if the weather wasn't.

"It's different when it comes to me."

"Sure, whatever you say. Hey, what about..."

Slowly Jeonghan found himself drifting off into another daydream, leaving Jisoo talking by himself as they approached the bus stop. Jeonghan looked around, meeting eyes with a guy with short black hair and a funny look on his face. 

The other was about his age, Jeonghan guessed, slightly creeped out by the fact that he was being stared at. That and the fact that guy was standing in the rain with wide eyes and his mouth agape. His clothes were totally soaked though, not to mention his hair which was laying limp and sticking to his face.

Jeonghan quickly averted his gaze and passed by the stranger who made a sudden choking sound like he wanted to say something, but nothing was coming out. He frowned and kept a steady pace, keeping his gaze straight ahead, not wanting to look back.

"Jeonghan? Earth to Jeonghan?"

Jisoo grabbed Jeonghan's hand, causing him to jump a little. "What's the rush..? It's like you're trying to run away from someone." The other slowed down, surprised that his heart rate had increased significantly in the past few minutes.

"God. No it's nothing. T-There was this guy who kept staring at me, seriously, I feel so disturbed right now." Jeonghan bit his lip and shivered, furrowing his eyebrows and taking a few steps closer to Jisoo, tightening his grip on the other's hand, their umbrellas bumping gently against each other.

"What a weirdo.."

Jisoo shugged, not thinking much of their closeness. "Maybe that guy thought you were pretty or something. I'm pretty sure he isn't a murderer or anything, relax." He let out a tiny chuckle, wanting to reassure his nerved friend. Jeonghan's frown deepened, sending Jisoo an unimpressed look. "I could be stalked by a pervert and you think it's funny."

"Right. Right, sorry. I'll buy you a drink to express my sincerest apologies."

Jisoo held in his laugh and bowed deeply, trying to act as sincere as possible.

"You better."

--

It was much later that Seungcheol regained his senses and ability to think like a human being, the first thing which occurred in his mind was to check if his phone was still in working despite being in his pocket of his wet pants the entire time.

"Please please please-!"

Seungcheol held his breath while holding is thumb on the power button of the phone, praying to God that it could still have enough strength to turn on. The screen lit up with the words 'Sumsang' appearing and the tiny jingle being heard. Seungcheol squealed internally, bringing his face close to place a kiss on the screen of his phone, fist pumping in the air.

He quickly typed in the password and scrolled down his contacts list then dialed the number.

"Yo. Vernon here."

"HANSOL. You know people right?" Seungcheol practically shouted to his phone, his tone all giddy and excited.

Hansol paused and held his phone slightly away from his ear, "I guess..? Dunno. Depends?" He replied slightly bewildered, "I'm pretty sure Mingyu knows more people than I do-"

"No no no no- I'd like to talk to anyone but him right now." Coups groaned, "Just hear me out- Do you know anyone from that vocal school near ours? Anyone, and if you can't tell I'm desperate."

"Nah, I really can't tell, hyung." The younger scoffed, but decided this wasn't the time to be a pain in the ass. Not. "I think I know a guy. It's not just me who knows him though, my guy is pretty famous." Hansol paused for dramatic effect then continued, leaving Seungcheol itching for an answer. 

"Boo Seungkwan. I'll pass you his number if you want."

"THANK YOU SO MUCH." Seungcheol scribbled the name down and hugged the phone close to his chest, making a bunch of smooching sounds causing Hansol to gag over the line. "If you made me wait for that answer in for another second I think I would've strangled you the first thing tomorrow."

"Ha ha ha. Funny. I've got to go, by the way, don't ever call me again, just text me." Hansol replied unamused, then hung up. A few seconds later Seungcheol received a text with a number and a message below.

Seriously. Don't call me.

--

Seungcheol laid back on his bed, dry and clean for the most part. He couldn't forget the look on his mom's face when he walked through the front door leaving a muddy and wet trail behind him. He clutched his phone close to his chest and closed his eyes, that phone call with Hansol (which was also the last) made him all fired up, impatient to call- or text- this Boo Seungkwan guy.

'Tomorrow. It's late. I'll text him tomorrow.'

--

tbh why can't sumsang be a real phone brand

low-key jihan there too coughs