Katie Gardiner

And I'm back, for another exciting episode, of MORTALS MEET DEMIGODS!!!

Wahoo!!! I forget which trailer is next. Please comment to tell me.

Thanks for the billion reads, well that's what it feels like.

I don't own Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan does. (Please tell me how to spell his last name. :D)

Katie's POV

I groan, as the school "popular girl" struts down the hallway. My life sucks for 2 reasons. One, is Jessica Carrway. (Ms. Pretty perfect popular) Two, McKenzie Gradiner. My abusive step mother.

McKenzie, thinks she's SOOO perfect and amazing, and the truth is, she's a killer shark, with a mask on it. A mask more worthier of Travis and Conner Stoll.

Oh, so I brought up the Stoll brothers. That does not mean I like Travis!!!

You didn't say anything about Travis. Oh okay. So he does like me or doesn't or, what a pretty flower!!

SHUT UP ADHD!!!

Anyways, Jessica and McKenzie make my life living Tarturus, and I've never even been.

"Hey Kate where's your mom?" Jessica demanded, as I was grabbing my books for my classes.

I groan and slam my locker shut. "None of your business." I replied.

"Ooohhh did she die?" Her friends laughed. "Or maybe you were so ugly she left you."

I sigh and bang my head on my locker, before heading to my next class. I sat down, and our teacher, Mrs. Jones, made a quick announcement before starting class.

"We are having Career day coming up and I would like all of you to ask your parents to come."

I feel everyone's eyes on me, expecting me to stand up and declare, that I didn't have a mother, but I did no such thing. Instead Mrs. Jones went on and on, about Career day, and I slunked into my seat, trying ignore the states.

------------LINE BREAK ------------------

Today is career day and people have been bragging about their parents and how rich they are and what jobs they have and so on and so on. It's getting on my nerves.

My step mom and my dad are coming, to publicly humiliate me, well that's my my step mom said.

The whole student body assembled together in the gym, and on the bleachers, waiting for the assembly to start.

Parents began going up and explaining their jobs. Finally Jessica's father went, then it would be her mother.

"Hello, I am Andrew Carrway, and Jessica's dad. I am a government worker who works in the department of capturing the half-breeded, stupid and filthy demigods."

I grit my teeth. I forgot to tell you that the gods revealed themselves, and now, is demigods have to stay undercover.

Mr. Carrway, went on and on about how disgusting demigods were and so forth.

Finally he finished, and Jessica's mom went, and she was apparently a gardener and a harvester. She was the "best" in the world.

Sorry, but I think my mother is the best.

When Mrs. Carrway finished, the principal walked up to the stage. "Alright, thank you for today's pare-"

"Wait! I have not gone yet!" A woman cried.

My heart stopped. Oh gosh. No no no no no!!! Mom!!!!

Demeter strode up to the microphone and due to the angry look on her face, I assumed she was their for Mr. Carrway's speech.

"Hello, my name is Demeter. I am Katie Gardiner's mother."

Whispers filled the hall. I stood up and walked down to meet my mother. I gave her a quick hug before, standing next to her, like I had seen others do. One more thing. My father, thought Demeter was a mortal. He and McKenzie have no idea that I am a demigod.

"Anyways, I must say, Mr. Carrway's speech on demigods was quite inspiring...."

Everyone clapped. I rolled my eyes. Mr. Carrway bowed.

"As I was saying, inspiring demigods to go out and kill him!!" The hall became silent and kids threw uneasy looks at each other.

"Katie! Would you like to do the honors!"

I smirked. "Of course. I would love to kill someone who insulted me."

The hall became terrified. I whipped out my dagger and pointed it under Mr. Carrway's throat.

He gave a nervous laugh. "That can't hurt me. It will go through me."

I sigh, and put it away. He looks relieved. "Your right. I guess I get to kill you the fun way."

Vines started shooting up from the ground, and wrapped tightly around him. I marched up to him. "Never." I hissed. "I mean never, insult a demigod. Especially when there's a goddess in the room."

The vines let go of him, and Mr. Carrway dropped to the floor.

"I am Katie Gardiner, daughter of Demeter. I have fought in two wars and helped save your puny little lives. You call of your search of hunting demigods. You will never, ever and ever hunt another demigod again."

I turned and smiled and my father and McKenzie. They have equally terrified and scared faces. I smirk.

My mother puts an arm around me. "I'll take you to camp. Now come on."

I blow kisses at the crowd and walk away. Maybe I'll see Travis- Nope! I'm not even going to finish that sentence.

Errr, so kinda a short one. Yay. (NOT YAY!) sorry it's short, but it's an update!!

I really appreciate everything that you guys have done.

Also, many of you have been probably wondering why I won't cuss, or say oh my- the opposite demigod version of gosh, anyways, it's because I'm Mormon.

You have any questions about being Mormon, comment them! I'll be happy to answer!!

Kisses!!!