Chapter 3: avoid

《Keana's house》

Keana POV

I ran for my life. "I didn't grab no shoes or nothing, Jesus" I thought as I sprinted out of the room which earned me really weird looks from my fellow co-workers. I bumped into what I think was about 7 people before I made it to the exit.

I didn't look back and I wasn't going to look back until I knew I was clear from him. My phone vibrated in my back pocket as I opened the double doors which leads into the parking lot and I didn't care to answer it. It's probably Nicole's ass. She's probably mad at me for waking her up and ditching her.

Thank Jesus that my car wasn't that far back into the parking lot. I turned my head slightly to see if anyone was following me and to my relief no one was chasing after me. I slowed my running down and walked the rest of the way with my both hands on my hips.

Meanwhile I was trying to catch my breath. "Damn bitch, you need to work out"

I pulled out my car keys from my back pocket and pressed the button to unlock my white Honda Civic. I got in the car, started the engine, and drove off.

After a few minutes into my ride home I got a phone call. I took a glimpse at the touch screen connected to my car, "shit" I mumbled. It was the my boss, great just my luck. I mentally curse myself out as I answered the call.

"Hello" I said in the nicest voice.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE SO DAMN EARLY, YOU KNOW THE NEW TEACHER ALWAYS MEETS UP WITH THEIR GRADE LEVEL'S CO-WORKERS, YOU BEING THE 11TH GRADE TEAM CAPTAIN (each grade has a team captain) AND NOT BEING HERE IS MAKING THE SCHOOL LOOK BAD, WHICH MEANS..." He says whisper-yelling.

I mumble, "It's making you look bad." Then mentally roll my eyes

"EXACTLY"

Yup this is my boss everyone, I swear the only reason why I still take his shit is because his mom still bakes me cookies

All of a sudden I hear him take a deep breath, which is a indication that he's calming himself down

I swear he takes himself way too seriously

"....There's no point of you coming back now, just head home and I'll send him to your classroom first thing-"

My eyes began to widen as I knew where he was going with this, "NO!" I shouted which cut him off.

* FLASHBACK *

"I CAN'T BELIVE JUST IN A FEW MORE MONTHS WE'LL BE JUNIORS!" Haily; A cheerleader for our school cross mountain, said yelling though the crowded hallway. People gave her weird looks at first but then agreed once they saw it was her. Hailey was well known among the student body for being one of the most talented girls on the cheer squad and only in the 10th grade.

"Can't you be a bit more quite" I said stepping on the tip of her pink chanel heels which made her stumble a bit.

I laugh at seeing her wobble in the heels that probably cost more than my house

She glared at me with a smile, "You think that's funny."

"I don't  think it's funny, I know it's funny." I said stopping by the school's library to return a book.

She followed me in, "Why can't you be like this in public."

"Be like what?" I put my book in the return book section.