Chapter 15: after school date

(A/n I'm just ready for school to end)

Kenna POV
*inhale*
*exhale*
*smiles*
"Hey Dylan"

I paused at the door, awaiting his response.

"Oh wow"

"Welp I need to clock in" Nicole pats me on the back and side stepped me with the biggest smirk on her face.

"Excuse me" I just want him to say it again.

"You look gorgeous today Ms.Carter"  watching this man's face soften while admiring my presence is honestly making my stomach fill with butterflies. "Thank you" I was smiling from ear to ear now.

I came back to reality and dialed back on the cheesing. "I need to get my classroom set up early today, I got a project planned. So I'll see you around"

We finally broke eye contact as I began to walk around him

"Hey, I was gonna ask this while on the phone but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Fall Fair with me this Friday night"

* Time Laps *

Well if there was ever a time to get my Tyra Banks on it might as well be now. I lifted my chin up a little, rolled my shoulders back, and fixed my posture. As I mentally try to prepare myself for the over reactions I'm eventually going to encounter, Nicole gave me some words of encouragement.

"Remember, a person shouldn't be judged by the clothing but the person. So you dressing like this shouldn't differ how people treat you."

I smiled "Thanks Nicole"

I'm terrified, but I'm making sure I do not show it. I walk into the front office pass Miss. Jackson, she's the person the person that you go to when you want to check in or out a student.

" Ms. Parker... you know as well as I do that you can't bring-" she finally raised her head up from the computer and actually took a good look at both Nicole and I.

Wow, you wear a few new clothes and all of a sudden you're unrecognizable.

I fake laugh to sugar coat the fact that she literally didn't recognize me. "Amber, you're as blind as I don't know what, it's keana."

Her eyes start to widen "Ms.Carter!"

"The one and only" Nicole answered for me. Which made shoot her a quick look of dispise, but by the was she was looking she didn't seem the care all that much.

She seemed laid back and just amused by the whole situation.

I grabbed Nicole by her waist "Well Amber is was nice seeing you today" I said then proceed to speed walk to the back.

"Wow I should get paid for this, I made you unrecognizable Keana" Nicole said patted herself on the back.

As she was congratulating herself I walk over to the scanner and pulled out my teacher ID.

I put my card in the scanner "You know as well as I do that Amber is as blind as a bat without her glasses on" Nicole then followed behind and scanned her card

"First of all she's near sided so I'm pretty sure she was able to see us. Second of all if she's so blind why was she able to recognize me? Huh keke" Nicole smirked, she knows as well as I do that she was right

○ *in class*

I'm just gonna act natural, I mean amber has been wearing glasses ever since the Don of time, so of course without them she couldn't tell the difference between Dr.Phil and Donald Trump. At the beginning of every class I put that day's worksheet on my table for them to get one on their way in. After that I usually give the kids 10 minutes to get in and take their seats or get started on the worksheet (A/n AYYYYEEE BARS...no?...okay.)